JULIEN BROUILLETTE REJOINS BEARS FROM READING
HERSHEY, Pa. – The HERSHEY BEARS announced today that the club has recalled defenseman Julien Brouillette from the Reading Royals (ECHL). The announcement was made by BEARS President/GM Doug Yingst.
Brouillette, 25, returned to the ECHL for the first time since the 2010-11 season and appeared for the Royals in Wednesday night’s game against the Trenton Titans.
The 5-11, 194-pound native of St. Esprit, PQ recorded AHL career highs last season in games played (74), goals (seven), assists (14), and points (21). His goal and point totals ranked third among BEARS defensemen, and his assist total ranked second among fellow blueliners.
Brouillette spent a majority of the 2010-11 season with the AHL’s Lake Erie Monsters, where he contributed 17 points (two goals, 15 assists) and a plus-17 rating in 49 games played. He has a total of 43 points (10 goals, 33 assists) and a plus-15 rating in 148 AHL games with Providence, Hartford, Charlotte, Lake Erie and HERSHEY.
Prior to turning pro, Brouillette played four years of junior hockey with the Chicoutimi Sagueneens (QMJHL), where he posted 123 points (27 goals, 96 assists) in 227 career games.
The BEARS will play their home opener on Saturday, October 20 with a 7:00 PM faceoff against the Rochester Americans. The first 8,000 fans will receive a team schedule magnet courtesy of PNC Bank, and all fans will receive a commemorative 75th anniversary-wrapped HERSHEY chocolate bar upon exiting. Individual tickets for this game and all HERSHEY BEARS home games are currently on sale at the GIANT Center box office, by calling (717) 508-BEAR, or online at TicketMaster.com.
- Phantoms Top Bears 5-2 in Outdoor Classic
- Outdoor Classic Game Preview: Phantoms at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Bears Defeat Flyers in Outdoor Classic Alumni Game, 9-5
- Outdoor Classic Starts with Bears/Flyers Alumni Game
- Fan's Guide to the Outdoor Classic
- Springfield Edges Hershey in Shootout, 5-4
- Game Preview: Bears at Thunderbirds, 7:05 p.m.
- Weekly Release #15: Outdoor Classic Preview
- Ray Bourque to Play in Outdoor Classic Alumni Game
- Rising Artist Runaway June to Headline Pepsi Fan Fest