BEARS RELEASE 12 PLAYERS FROM TRAINING CAMP
HERSHEY, Pa. – The HERSHEY BEARS announced today that 12 players have been released from the club’s 2012 training camp. The announcement was made by BEARS President/GM Doug Yingst.
The 12 players, all of whom will report to the ECHL’s Reading Royals, are defensemen Adam Comrie, Dustin Stevenson, Brad Walch and Scott Wietecha; forwards David Civitarese, Tyler Gron, David Marhsall, Jesse Todd and David Vallorani; and goaltenders Brandon Anderson, Philipp Grubauer and Sergey Kostenko.
HERSHEY now has 31 players on its active training camp roster.
The Binghamton Senators will visit Chocolatetown to take on the BEARS on Friday, October 5, with faceoff set for 7:00 PM. The BEARS and Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins will then wrap up the pre-season with a home-and-home set beginning in Wilkes-Barre Township on Saturday, October 6 at 7:05 PM, and concluding in HERSHEY on Sunday, October 7 at 5:00 PM.
Individual tickets for the BEARS’ two home pre-season games are currently on sale at the GIANT Center box office, by calling (717) 508-BEAR, or online at TicketMaster.com.
The BEARS open their home schedule of the 2012-2013 regular season on Saturday, October 20 with a 7:00 PM faceoff against the Rochester Americans. The first 8,000 fans will receive a team schedule magnet, courtesy of PNC Bank. Tickets for this game and all HERSHEY BEARS home games are on sale now through the above outlets.
- NewPaul Carey, Aaron Ness Re-Signed
- Bears Wrap-Up Release (Week 36)
- Bears Announce Two Pre-Season Games, Guaranteed Home Dates
- Battling Bears Drop Overtime Decision to Monsters
- Weekly Release & Practice Schedule, Week 35
- Monsters Get Past Bears in Overtime
- Bears Battle Back but Fall to Monsters
- Monsters Take Game One with Three-Goal Third
- Bears Add McGauley, Two from ECHL South Carolina
- Party on the Plaza for Games 1 and 2