BEARS SIGN FORWARD JON KALINSKI TO AHL DEAL
HERSHEY, Pa. – The HERSHEY BEARS announced today that the club has signed forward Jon Kalinski to an American Hockey League contract for the 2012-2013 season. The announcement was made by BEARS President/GM Doug Yingst.
Kalinski, 25, comes to Chocolatetown after splitting last season between the AHL’s Adirondack Phantoms and Norfolk Admirals. In 40 games with Adirondack, Kalinski recorded 12 points (nine goals, three assists) and 18 penalty minutes. He was acquired by the Tampa Bay Lightning on February 18, 2012 and following his subsequent reassignment to Norfolk, Kalinski appeared in five games before missing the remainder of the season due to injury.
The 6-1, 180-pound native of Bonnyville, AB spent nearly his entire professional career within the Flyers’ organization. He has appeared in 22 NHL contests with Philadelphia, totaling five points (one goal, four assists). With the AHL Phantoms, Kalinski posted a total of 83 points (35 goals, 48 assists).
Prior to turning pro, Kalinski played three years of collegiate hockey at Minnesota State University – Mankato (WCHA), where he tallied 29 goals and 27 assists in 106 career games.
Kalinski was originally selected by Philadelphia in the sixth round (152nd overall) in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft.
The 2012-13 season will mark the HERSHEY BEARS’ 75th anniversary in the American Hockey League. Season ticket plans are on sale now by calling (717) 508-BEAR, with many different flexible plans available. Season ticket plans start as low as $165.
- NewConference Finals Game 3 Preview: Bears at Marlies
- Camper Does it Again as Bears Down Marlies in Overtime
- Bears Smother Marlies, Grab Game One Victory
- Bears, ABC27 Announce Road Broadcast Schedule
- WEEKLY RELEASE & PRACTICE SCHEDULE - WEEK 32
- Bears to Face Marlies in Eastern Conference Finals
- Bears Defeat Penguins in OT, Advance to Conference Finals
- Bears Fall to Penguins, Will Host Game Seven
- Bears Push Penguins to Brink with Big Game Five Win
- Hershey Weekly Release & Schedule - Week 31