BEARS SIGN WIETECHA, VALLORANI FOR 2012-2013
HERSHEY, Pa. – The HERSHEY BEARS announced today the club has signed defenseman Scott Wietecha and forward David Vallorani to American Hockey League contracts for the 2012-2013 season. The announcement was made by BEARS President/GM Doug Yingst.
Wietecha, 24, broke into the professional ranks in 2011, playing six games with the Elmira Jackals (ECHL). He spent all of last season with the ECHL’s Chicago Express, posting 27 points (14 goals, 13 assists) in 54 contests and leading all Express defensemen in goals.
The 6-1, 201-pound native of Wolverine Lake, MI played four years at Ferris State University (CCHA) prior to turning pro. In 126 games, Wietecha recorded 51 points (12 goals, 39 assists) and a cumulative plus-16 rating.
Vallorani, 23, recently completed four years at the University of Massachusetts-Lowell (HE), where he registered 114 points (40 goals, 74 assists) in 149 games. As a freshman, Vallorani was named to the Hockey East All-Rookie Team, and went on to finish fourth in all-time games played for the River Hawks, playing in every game of his collegiate career.
The 5-8, 180-pound native of Hamilton, ON played two seasons with the Milton Icehawks (OPJHL), where he piled up 152 points in 98 games.
Both Wietecha and Vallorani recently participated in the Washington Capitals development camp held at Kettler Capitals Iceplex in Arlington, VA.
- NewBears Unveil Outdoor Classic Jersey Design
- NewBruins Blank Bears, 3-0
- Game Preview: Bruins at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Weekly Release #10: Bears Look To Bounce Back
- Bears Re-Assign Hampus Gustafsson to South Carolina
- Hockey in Heels Heads Outdoors!
- Bears Fall to Penguins 4-1 Sunday
- Game Preview: Penguins at Bears, 5 p.m.
- Vanecek Shines as Bears Beat Phantoms, 4-2
- Game Preview: Phantoms at Bears, 7 p.m.