CAPS ADD FORWARD RYAN STOA FOR 2012-2013
HERSHEY, Pa. – The HERSHEY BEARS announced today that forward Ryan Stoa has been signed by the Washington Capitals/HERSHEY BEARS for the 2012-2013 season. The announcement was made by BEARS President/GM Doug Yingst.
Stoa, 25, has played all three of his professional seasons with the Colorado Avalanche organization. He recorded 36 points (16 goals, 20 assists) in 75 games with the Lake Erie Monsters (AHL) last season, finishing second on the club in scoring.
The 6-3, 200-pound native of Bloomington, MN has appeared in a total of 177 regular-season games with Lake Erie, tallying 109 points (55 goals, 54 assists). His most successful season was his first as a professional in 2009-2010, in which he set AHL career highs in goals (23) and points (40).
Stoa also has 37 games of NHL experience with the Avalanche, where he posted seven points (four goals, three assists).
Prior to turning pro, Stoa spent four years at the University of Minnesota (WCHA), totaling 97 points (47 goals, 50 assists) in 120 games.
Stoa is also a product of the United States National Team Development Program. He won a bronze medal with the United States at the 2007 U-20 World Junior Championships and a gold medal in the 2005 U-18 World Junior Championships.
Stoa was originally selected by the Avalanche in the second round (34th overall) in the 2005 NHL Entry Draft.
- NewHershey Falls 5-1 to Phantoms Sunday
- Bears Can't Solve Penguins, Fall 5-1 Saturday
- Bears Sign Steve Weinstein to PTO
- Penguins Score Late, Beat Bears 5-3 Wednesday
- Hershey Bears Weekly Release #13
- Stephenson Re-Assigned to Hershey
- Senators Score Twice in Third to Top Bears, 4-2
- Bears End Skid, Top Phantoms 6-4
- Stephenson Recalled to Washington
- Bears Fall to Phantoms 6-2 Friday