TWO D-MEN SIGNED: MARSHALL RETURNS, STAFFORD JOINS
ARLINGTON, Va. – The Washington Capitals have signed defensemen Garrett Stafford and Kevin Marshall to one-year contracts, vice president and general manager George McPhee announced today. In keeping with club policy, financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Stafford, 32, collected 28 points (nine goals, 19 assists) in 48 games last season with Portland and Hamilton of the American Hockey League (AHL). He has tallied 345 points (92 goals, 253 assists) in 610 career AHL games with Cleveland, Worcester, Grand Rapids, Texas, San Antonio, Portland and Hamilton. The Los Angeles native has registered two assists in seven NHL games with Detroit, Dallas and Phoenix.
The 6’1”, 207-pound defenseman was original signed by Cleveland (AHL) on Oct. 10, 2003, after spending four seasons at the University of New Hampshire.
Marshall, 23, recorded six points (two goals, four assists) and 116 penalty minutes in 63 games last season with Hershey and Adirondack of the AHL. He was acquired from Philadelphia in exchange for Matt Ford on Feb. 2, 2012. The Boucherville, Quebec, native made his NHL debut on Nov. 21 vs. Carolina and has appeared in 10 NHL games, collecting eight penalty minutes, with the Philadelphia Flyers. In 216 career AHL games, Marshall has registered 29 points (seven goals, 22 assists) and 316 penalty minutes.
The 6’1”, 207-pound defenseman was originally drafted by Philadelphia in the second round (41st overall) of the 2007 NHL Entry Draft.
- Bears Sign Five to Professional Tryout Agreements
- Bears Re-Sign Forward Dylan Margonari
- Broadcast Blog: The Countdown is On
- Filepas Named Assistant Equipment Manager
- Bears Announce 2017-18 Promo Schedule
- Preseason Tickets On Sale Now!
- Statement on the Passing of Kenneth V. Hatt
- Bears Sign Defender Tommy Hughes
- Outdoor Classic Tickets On Sale Now!
- Pepsi Fan Fest, Alumni Game Added to Outdoor Classic Festivities