CAPITALS SIGN CENTER MIKE CARMAN TO ONE-YEAR EXTENSION
HERSHEY, Pa. – The HERSHEY BEARS announced today that center Mike Carman has signed a one-year contract extension with the Washington Capitals/HERSHEY BEARS for the 2012-2013 season. The announcement was made by BEARS President/GM Doug Yingst.
Carman, 24, registered 12 points (seven goals, five assists) in 32 regular-season games in a BEARS sweater, and added one goal in the 2012 Calder Cup playoffs. He was acquired by the Washington Capitals on February 2, 2012 from the Colorado Avalanche in exchange for defenseman Danny Richmond. While playing for Colorado’s affiliate Lake Erie Monsters, Carman recorded six points (three goals, three assists) in 28 regular-season games.
The 6-0, 185-pound native of Apple Valley, MN posted 66 points (29 goals, 37 assists) during a four-year career with the University of Minnesota (WCHA) prior to turning pro. Carman was also a three-time member of Team USA at three World Junior Championship tournaments from 2006-2008.
Carman was originally selected by Colorado in the third round (81st overall) of the 2006 NHL Entry Draft.
- Bears Sign Logan Pyett and Adam Morrison to AHL Deals
- Bears Announce 2018-19 Promo Schedule, Ticket Info
- 2018 Offseason Player Tracker
- Preseason Tickets on Sale Wednesday at 10 a.m.
- 2018 Offseason Player Tracker: Forwards
- 2018 Offseason Player Tracker: Defensemen
- 2018 Offseason Player Tracker: Goalies
- Bears to Host the Stanley Cup on October 7
- Season Ticket Holder Month of Winning
- Bears Announce 2018 Preseason Schedule