CAPITALS SIGN CENTER MIKE CARMAN TO ONE-YEAR EXTENSION
HERSHEY, Pa. – The HERSHEY BEARS announced today that center Mike Carman has signed a one-year contract extension with the Washington Capitals/HERSHEY BEARS for the 2012-2013 season. The announcement was made by BEARS President/GM Doug Yingst.
Carman, 24, registered 12 points (seven goals, five assists) in 32 regular-season games in a BEARS sweater, and added one goal in the 2012 Calder Cup playoffs. He was acquired by the Washington Capitals on February 2, 2012 from the Colorado Avalanche in exchange for defenseman Danny Richmond. While playing for Colorado’s affiliate Lake Erie Monsters, Carman recorded six points (three goals, three assists) in 28 regular-season games.
The 6-0, 185-pound native of Apple Valley, MN posted 66 points (29 goals, 37 assists) during a four-year career with the University of Minnesota (WCHA) prior to turning pro. Carman was also a three-time member of Team USA at three World Junior Championship tournaments from 2006-2008.
Carman was originally selected by Colorado in the third round (81st overall) of the 2006 NHL Entry Draft.
- Outdoor Classic Tickets On Sale Now!
- Pepsi Fan Fest, Alumni Game Added to Outdoor Classic Festivities
- Alex Westlund Named Associate Goaltending Coach
- Capital Blue Cross Named Title Sponsor for 2018 Outdoor Classic
- Season Ticket Holders "Month of Winning" in July
- Broadcaster Blog: Summer So Far
- Hershey Signs Defenseman Paul Geiger to AHL Contract
- Bears Announce 2017 Preseason Schedule
- Bears Re-Sign Defender Hubert Labrie
- Bears Release 2017-18 Schedule