BEARS SIGN FORWARD BARRY ALMEIDA TO TRYOUT AGREEMENT
HERSHEY, Pa. – The HERSHEY BEARS announced today that forward Barry Almeida has been signed to an amateur tryout agreement. The announcement was made by BEARS President/GM Doug Yingst.
Almeida, a 23-year-old native of Springfield, Massachusetts, recently completed his senior season with NCAA Champion Boston College (HE). Almeida recorded one assist in the Eagles’ championship game against Ferris State on April 7, en route to the second title of his four-year collegiate career.
The 5-8, 175-pound forward played in a total of 159 games with Boston College, totaling 92 points (45 goals and 47 assists). He set career highs in 2011-12 with 22 goals, 18 assists and 40 points, and was named to the Hockey East First All-Star Team.
Prior to attending Boston College, Almeida posted 87 points (32 goals, 55 assists) in 87 games over two seasons with the USHL’s Omaha Lancers.
Almeida will join the BEARS in their regular-season finale this afternoon at the DCU Center against the Worcester Sharks.
The BEARS and Sharks face off this afternoon at 3:00 PM. Fans may listen to the game on the BEARS Radio Network partners 100.1-FM WQIC, 1230-AM WKBO, 93.7-FM HD2 WRVV, and online at whp580.com.
The BEARS will open the 2012 Eastern Conference Quarterfinals on the road next Friday and Saturday, April 20 and 21, at 7:05 PM against the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins. The best-of-five series will shift to GIANT Center for Games Three and, if necessary, Game Four on Wednesday and Friday, April 25 and 27 with faceoff both nights at 7:00 PM.
Tickets for Game “AA” (Game Three) are on sale now and may be purchased by calling (717) 508-BEAR or by visiting ticketmaster.com.
- Paul Carey, Aaron Ness Re-Signed
- Bears Wrap-Up Release (Week 36)
- Bears Announce Two Pre-Season Games, Guaranteed Home Dates
- Battling Bears Drop Overtime Decision to Monsters
- Weekly Release & Practice Schedule, Week 35
- Monsters Get Past Bears in Overtime
- Bears Battle Back but Fall to Monsters
- Monsters Take Game One with Three-Goal Third
- Bears Add McGauley, Two from ECHL South Carolina
- Party on the Plaza for Games 1 and 2