FORWARD STANISLAV GALIEV RETURNS TO CHOCOLATETOWN
Galiev, 21, produced at over a point-per-game average last season with the Royals, tallying 47 points (23 goals, 24 assists) in 46 games to finish fifth on the squad in scoring. He went on to notch 11 points (four goals, seven assists) in 10 postseason contests, helping the Royals to the franchise’s first-ever Kelly Cup championship.
Galiev has recorded a total of 60 points (28 goals, 32 assists) in 60 ECHL games over the last two seasons, all with Reading.
The 6-1, 188-pound native of Moscow, Russia played 20 just games in an injury-shortened season with the Saint John Sea Dogs (QMJHL) in 2011-12, his last year of junior hockey, and still managed 13 goals and six assists. He led the Sea Dogs to the Memorial Cup Finals for the second consecutive season with 34 points (16 goals, 18 assists) in 17 postseason games, and won the title in 2011. He finished his career in Saint John with 144 points (65 goals, 79 assists) in 151 games.
Galiev was originally selected by the Washington Capitals in the third round (86th overall) of the 2010 NHL Entry Draft.
The Hershey Bears’ homestand continues with the annual Thanksgiving Eve game this Wednesday, November 27. Faceoff against the St. John’s IceCaps is set for 7:00 PM. All fans are invited down to the ice post-game for the Sara Lee / Canteen Vending Turkey Shoot.
Individual tickets for this and all Hershey Bears home games are on sale at the GIANT Center box office, by calling (717) 508-BEAR or by visiting TicketMaster.com on the internet. Information on season tickets, group tickets and flex plans for the 2013-2014 Hershey Bears regular season is available by calling (717)508-BEAR.
- NewWin Streak to Five with 4-2 Victory at Hartford
- Game Preview: Bears at Wolf Pack, 7:15 p.m.
- Weekly Release #20: Perfect Canada Trip Has Bears Rolling
- Bears Beat Toronto 5-2 to Win Fourth Straight
- Game Preview: Bears at Marlies, 3 p.m.
- Copley Blanks Senators, 3-0
- Game Preview: Bears at Senators, 7 p.m.
- Boyd Scores Four Goals as Hershey Beats Laval, 6-3
- Game Preview: Bears at Rocket, 7:30 p.m.
- Weekly Release #19: With Fresh Blood, Bears Head to Canada