CAPITALS SIGN CENTER MIKE CARMAN TO ONE-YEAR EXTENSION
HERSHEY, Pa. – The HERSHEY BEARS announced today that center Mike Carman has signed a one-year contract extension with the Washington Capitals/HERSHEY BEARS for the 2012-2013 season. The announcement was made by BEARS President/GM Doug Yingst.
Carman, 24, registered 12 points (seven goals, five assists) in 32 regular-season games in a BEARS sweater, and added one goal in the 2012 Calder Cup playoffs. He was acquired by the Washington Capitals on February 2, 2012 from the Colorado Avalanche in exchange for defenseman Danny Richmond. While playing for Colorado’s affiliate Lake Erie Monsters, Carman recorded six points (three goals, three assists) in 28 regular-season games.
The 6-0, 185-pound native of Apple Valley, MN posted 66 points (29 goals, 37 assists) during a four-year career with the University of Minnesota (WCHA) prior to turning pro. Carman was also a three-time member of Team USA at three World Junior Championship tournaments from 2006-2008.
Carman was originally selected by Colorado in the third round (81st overall) of the 2006 NHL Entry Draft.
- Hershey Bears Make New Additions to Coaching & Equipment Staff
- Hershey Bears Announce New Broadcaster
- Bears Announce 2016-2017 Promotional & Theme Nights
- Bears Preseason Game Now On Sale
- Hershey Bears Announce 2016-2017 Schedule
- Hershey Bears New Community Report for 2015-2016 Season
- Hershey Bears Announce New Assistant Coach
- Bears Announce New VP of Hockey Operations
- Randall "Randy" Waybright Announces Retirement
- Hershey Bears Sign Hubert Labrie, Colby Williams & Parker Milner