BEARS SIGN FORWARD BILLY RYAN TO TRYOUT AGREEMENT
HERSHEY, Pa. – The HERSHEY BEARS announced today that the club has signed forward Billy Ryan to a professional tryout agreement. The announcement was made by BEARS President/GM Doug Yingst.
Ryan, 26, has registered 12 points (nine goals, three assists) in 12 games with the South Carolina Stingrays (ECHL). He also appeared in three AHL contests with the Lake Erie Monsters earlier in the season, recording one assist.
The native of Milton, MA dressed in 63 games last season with the Nottingham Panthers (EIHL), posting 77 points (30 goals, 47 assists). Ryan also saw ECHL action with the Wheeling Nailers during the 2008-09 and 2009-10 seasons, recording 34 points (15 goals, 19 assists) in 34 games.
Prior to turning pro, the 6-1, 175-lb. forward registered 92 points (35 goals, 57 assists) in 135 games in a four-year career at the University of Maine (HE).
Ryan was originally selected in the third round (80th overall) by the New York Rangers in the 2004 NHL Entry Draft.
- NewBears Weekly Release #2
- Gazley Sustains Fractured Foot
- Bears Drop 2-1 Decision to Penguins in OT Sunday
- Bears Top Sound Tigers 5-2 in Home Opener
- Hershey Bears Weekly Release #1
- Bears Recall Leach From South Carolina
- Vanecek Strong In Losing Effort as Bears Fall 3-0 In Binghamton
- Tonight's Game Preview: Bears at Senators
- Vrana's Two Goals Not Enough as Bears Fall in Rochester, 5-4
- Tonight's Game Preview: Bears at Americans