Bears Opening Night is Ten Times the Banners
09/30/2009 - 10th Calder Cup Banner Unveiled (HERSHEY, PA) — This Saturday, the Hershey Bears will kick off their 2009-10 season on home ice at Giant Center when they take on the Norfolk Admirals. Puck drop is scheduled for 7:00 PM,vbut come early because the Calder Cup Ceremony begins at 6:30 PM. The 2009 Calder Cup Championship Ceremony kicks off with the Ring Ceremony. Calder Cup rings will be presented to current Bears players who were a part of the 2009 Calder Cup Championship team. Following the Ring Ceremony is the unveiling of a record setting 10th Calder Cup banner! Prior to the Ceremony, the fun kicks off at 4:30 PM with the Pepsi Party on the Plaza, which features live music from Not Quite Einstein and the chance to win great prizes. Pepsi will also be handing out samples of Crush. Not Quite Einstein is an outstanding regional touring variety band based in Central PA, whose goal is to provide top-notch entertainment for weddings, parties and corporate functions. They are seasoned veteran musicians who came together from many different paths to form a great variety band. With a wide variety of musical selection, they cover music from all formats and genres. As the first 8,000 fans enter the game they will be treated to a magnet schedule, courtesy of PNC Bank. Finally, following the game is the Calder Cup Championship jersey auction, where the Bears will wear special Calder Cup Championship jerseys that will be auctioned off for charity after the game. *All information subject to change without notice. Limited seats are available for Saturday's game. For tickets or more information, visit HersheyBears.com or call 717-508-BEAR. ###
- Contracts of Mann, Murphy Will Not Be Renewed
- A Look Back at the 80th Anniversary Season
- Donations for Humboldt Rise to Over $11,000
- Season Ends with 3-2 Loss to Penguins
- Game Preview: Penguins at Bears, 5 p.m.
- Bears Beat Sound Tigers 2-1, Raise Over $7,000 for Humboldt
- Game Preview: Sound Tigers at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Bears to Honor Humboldt Broncos Saturday
- Copley Recalled by Capitals
- Weekly Release #27: Bears Close Out Season This Week