BEARS HIT THE ROAD SATURDAY FOR PRESEASON GAME TWO
09/26/2009 - HERSHEY hits the road Saturday for its only preseason game this fall away from Giant Center. The BEARS will take on the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins Saturday at Wachovia Arena in Wilkes-Barre Township at 7:05 p.m. Following a 4-2 exhibition loss to the Penguins Friday night at home, the Chocolate and White look to even its preseason record at a win and a loss Saturday. Braden Holtby, who joined the BEARS late in the regular season last year and served as the team's third goalie throughout the Calder Cup playoffs, will finally get a chance to see game action in the AHL. Holtby is slated to get the start and wear #35 this evening in Wilkes-Barre. Todd Ford, who played the second half of the game Friday night at home for HERSHEY, will back up Holtby Saturday. Several players in camp will get a chance Saturday to play for the first time against the Pens. Defenseman Zach Tarkir is expected to see action Saturday, as well as forwards Karl Sellan and Rick Cleaver. HERSHEY will have familiar names such as Oskar Osala in on Saturday, as well as several that played Friday. Joe Finley, Michael Dubuc, Jake Hauswirth and Anton Gustafsson will all see another game up front. Josh Godfrey, Dylan Yeo, Pat Wellar and Zach Miskovic will all play again on defense against Wilkes-Barre/Scranton. Saturday's game can be heard via www.Sportsjuice.com beginning at 6:55 p.m. eastern. John Walton has the call of the action from Wilkes-Barre Township. HERSHEY will return home to close out the preseason Sunday against the Norfolk Admirals. Face-off is at 5:00 p.m., with tickets available at the Giant Center box office, or by calling (717) 534-3911.
- Contracts of Mann, Murphy Will Not Be Renewed
- A Look Back at the 80th Anniversary Season
- Donations for Humboldt Rise to Over $11,000
- Season Ends with 3-2 Loss to Penguins
- Game Preview: Penguins at Bears, 5 p.m.
- Bears Beat Sound Tigers 2-1, Raise Over $7,000 for Humboldt
- Game Preview: Sound Tigers at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Bears to Honor Humboldt Broncos Saturday
- Copley Recalled by Capitals
- Weekly Release #27: Bears Close Out Season This Week