LEFT WING BOYD KANE RETURNS TO HERSHEY
07/13/2009 - CAPTAIN OF 2006 CALDER CUP CHAMPION BEARS RETURNS TO HERSHEY LINEUP THIS FALL AS CHOCOLATE RELOAD FOR CALDER CUP TITLE DEFENSE HERSHEY – The 2009 Calder Cup Champion HERSHEY BEARS announced today the signing of left wing Boyd Kane to a contract for the upcoming 2009-10 season. The announcement was made today by BEARS President/GM Doug Yingst. Kane, 31, returns to HERSHEY after skating the last three seasons with Philadelphia (AHL). He scored 45 goals over the last three campaigns with the Phantoms after captaining the BEARS to the 2006 Calder Cup, his only season in the Chocolate and White. Kane also served as captain of the Phantoms in 2004-05, leading Philadelphia to the 2005 Calder Cup championship. Kane is one of only two men in AHL history to lead two different teams to Calder Cup titles in consecutive seasons. Former HERSHEY skater Dave Fenyves led both the BEARS and Rochester Americans to AHL championships in 1987 and 1988. A native of Swift Current, SK, Kane returns to HERSHEY with 28 games of NHL experience, mostly coming in a Philadelphia Flyers uniform over the last three seasons. Season tickets for the 2009-10 season are on sale now by calling (717) 508-BEAR. Several ticket plans are available. The 2009-10 schedule will be released by the American Hockey League in early August.
- NewGame Preview: Hershey at Hartford, 7:15 p.m.
- Capitals Recall Barber and Ness from Hershey
- Boyd Re-Assigned to Hershey
- Hershey Bears Weekly Release #18
- Boyd Recalled to Capitals, Cannata Returns to Hershey
- Capitals Re-Assign Vrana to Hershey
- Bears Fall to Sound Tigers 5-1 Sunday
- Game Preview: Bears at Sound Tigers, 3 p.m.
- Vanecek Blanks Bruins, 4-0
- Galiev's Two Goals Not Enough in 4-3 Loss to Bruins