BOURQUE, WILSON AND PINIZZOTTO RECEIVE OFFERS FROM CAPS
07/02/2009 - By BOB FLOUNDERS, Of The Patriot-News The Washington Capitals made qualifying offers to three members of the Hershey Bears' Calder Cup championship squad and cut ties with two other Bears. Forwards Chris Bourque, Steve Pinizzotto and Kyle Wilson received offers from Washington, meaning the Capitals retain their rights for the 2009-10 season. The three players are restricted free agents. They can negotiate with other teams but Washington is permitted to match any offer and would receive compensation if the players signed elsewhere. Forward Andrew Joudrey and backup goalie Daren Machesney, also a part of the Bears' championship run, did not receive qualifying offers. They become unrestricted free agents tomorrow.
- NewGame Preview: Toronto at Hershey, 7 p.m.
- NewBears Dominate Hartford with 6-1 Win
- Game Preview: Hershey at Hartford, 7:15 p.m.
- Capitals Recall Barber and Ness from Hershey
- Boyd Re-Assigned to Hershey
- Hershey Bears Weekly Release #18
- Boyd Recalled to Capitals, Cannata Returns to Hershey
- Capitals Re-Assign Vrana to Hershey
- Bears Fall to Sound Tigers 5-1 Sunday
- Game Preview: Bears at Sound Tigers, 3 p.m.