BOURQUE, WILSON AND PINIZZOTTO RECEIVE OFFERS FROM CAPS
07/02/2009 - By BOB FLOUNDERS, Of The Patriot-News The Washington Capitals made qualifying offers to three members of the Hershey Bears' Calder Cup championship squad and cut ties with two other Bears. Forwards Chris Bourque, Steve Pinizzotto and Kyle Wilson received offers from Washington, meaning the Capitals retain their rights for the 2009-10 season. The three players are restricted free agents. They can negotiate with other teams but Washington is permitted to match any offer and would receive compensation if the players signed elsewhere. Forward Andrew Joudrey and backup goalie Daren Machesney, also a part of the Bears' championship run, did not receive qualifying offers. They become unrestricted free agents tomorrow.
- Bears Can't Overcome Penguins in 6-4 Loss
- Game Preview: Hershey at Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, 3:05 p.m.
- Walker Leads Bears to 4-2 Win on St. Patrick's Day
- Game Preview: Thunderbirds at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Bears Earn 3-2 Comeback Win Over Sound Tigers
- Game Preview: Sound Tigers at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Bindulis Joins Bears from South Carolina
- Capitals Re-Assign Bowey to Bears
- Weekly Release #23: Banged-Up Bears Search For Offense
- Bears Fall 3-0 for Second Straight Night