BEARS AND BRUINS READY FOR GAME 3 FRIDAY IN PROVIDENCE
05/22/2009 - The BEARS and Bruins hit the ice in downtown Providence Friday night for Game 3 of the Eastern Conference Finals, with the series tied at a game apiece. The Bruins begin a three-game stretch at home in the series after winning Game 1 at GIANT Center last Saturday night. HERSHEY edged Providence 2-1 in Game 2 to even the series on Sunday, but now the best-of-seven sets up shop in Rhode Island. Game 3 will be Friday at 7:05 p.m., with Game 4 slated for Sunday at 7:05 p.m. It will be a quick turnaround for Game 5, which will be played Monday afternoon at 4:05 p.m. Should a Game 6 or Game 7 be needed in the series, the teams would meet at GIANT Center next Wednesday and Thursday. HERSHEY departed central Pennsylvania with 27 players, one of which is Quintin Laing. The veteran winger suffered an injured spleen in a game for the Washington Capitals back in March and has been out of the lineup ever since. Laing is on the verge of returning to the lineup, and may do so during the team's stay at Dunkin Donuts Center. Elsewhere in the Calder Cup playoffs, the Manitoba Moose will again try to eliminate the Houston Aeros on Friday night in Game 5 of the Western Conference Finals. The Moose led the series three games to none before dropping Game 4 to Houston 5-4 in overtime. The Aeros host the Moose at Toyota Center in downtown Houston Friday, with the series moving back to Winnipeg for a Game 6 if the best-of-seven continues. Friday's Game 3 can be heard via the BEARS Radio Network (100.1 FM, 1490 AM, Sportsjuice.com, AHLLive.com) beginning with the pregame show at 6:45 p.m. John Walton has the call of the action from Dunkin Donuts Center. For Calder Cup playoff ticket information, call the GIANT Center box office at (717) 534-3911.
- NewGame Preview: Bears at IceHogs, 5 p.m. ET
- NewBears Beat Grand Rapids 4-2 to Earn First Win
- Game Preview: Bears at Griffins, 7 p.m.
- Bears Fall in Milwaukee, 4-1
- Game Preview: Bears at Admirals, 8 p.m.
- Lindros, Flyers Alumni to Battle Bears Alumni at Outdoor Classic
- Weekly Release #2: Bears Head to the Midwest
- Hershey's Don Biggs Named to 2018 AHL Hall of Fame Class
- Bears Rally Late, Fall 4-3 to Phantoms in Shootout
- Game Preview: Phantoms at Bears, 5 p.m.