Stingrays in Kelly Cup Finals
05/18/2009 - Joe Shetrom, South Carolina Stingrays North Charleston, SC – After defeating the Cincinnati Cyclones in four straight games, the South Carolina Stingrays will face the National Conference winning Alaska Aces in the Kelly Cup Finals. The Rays are looking for their record third Kelly Cup Championship. The Alaska Aces finished with the second best record in the ECHL behind only the Florida Everblades, giving them home ice advantage in the best-of-seven series. The schedule is as follows: Kelly Cup Finals Series (best of seven) #1 Alaska Aces vs. #2 South Carolina Stingrays Game #1: Friday, May 22 @ Alaska 11:15 Game #2: Saturday, May 23 @ Alaska 11:15 Game #3: Wednesday, May 27 @ South Carolina 7:05 Game #4: Friday, May 29 @ South Carolina 7:05 Game #5: Saturday, May 30 @ South Carolina 7:05* Game #6: Thursday, June 4 @ Alaska 11:15* Game #7: Friday, June 5 @ Alaska 11:15* * If necessary The won the Kelly Cup in 1997 and 2001 while the Alaska Aces won the cup in 2006. The Stingrays have only met the Aces twice in the regular season, and never in the postseason. In the two games, the Rays are 2-0. The two teams met as Sullivan Arena in October to play preseason games.
- NewGame Preview: Teddy Bear Toss-Crunch at Bears, 5 p.m.
- NewBears Rally Late, Fall 3-2 in OT to Phantoms
- Thomas Sparks Bears to 4-3 Win over Phantoms
- Leach Returns To South Carolina
- 4th Annual Hockey + Heels Event Announced For January
- Zach Sanford Joins Bears as Carey, Vrana head to Washington
- Hershey Bears Weekly Release #7
- Mann Earns 100th Win as Bears Top Springfield, 4-3
- Bears Score 5-2 Win at Springfield
- Vanecek, Bears Blank Penguins 4-0 Wednesday