Stingrays in Kelly Cup Finals
05/18/2009 - Joe Shetrom, South Carolina Stingrays North Charleston, SC – After defeating the Cincinnati Cyclones in four straight games, the South Carolina Stingrays will face the National Conference winning Alaska Aces in the Kelly Cup Finals. The Rays are looking for their record third Kelly Cup Championship. The Alaska Aces finished with the second best record in the ECHL behind only the Florida Everblades, giving them home ice advantage in the best-of-seven series. The schedule is as follows: Kelly Cup Finals Series (best of seven) #1 Alaska Aces vs. #2 South Carolina Stingrays Game #1: Friday, May 22 @ Alaska 11:15 Game #2: Saturday, May 23 @ Alaska 11:15 Game #3: Wednesday, May 27 @ South Carolina 7:05 Game #4: Friday, May 29 @ South Carolina 7:05 Game #5: Saturday, May 30 @ South Carolina 7:05* Game #6: Thursday, June 4 @ Alaska 11:15* Game #7: Friday, June 5 @ Alaska 11:15* * If necessary The won the Kelly Cup in 1997 and 2001 while the Alaska Aces won the cup in 2006. The Stingrays have only met the Aces twice in the regular season, and never in the postseason. In the two games, the Rays are 2-0. The two teams met as Sullivan Arena in October to play preseason games.
- NewBears Earn Point in 4-3 Overtime Loss to IceHogs
- NewGame Preview: IceHogs at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Win Streak to Five with 4-2 Victory at Hartford
- Game Preview: Bears at Wolf Pack, 7:15 p.m.
- Weekly Release #20: Perfect Canada Trip Has Bears Rolling
- Bears Beat Toronto 5-2 to Win Fourth Straight
- Game Preview: Bears at Marlies, 3 p.m.
- Copley Blanks Senators, 3-0
- Game Preview: Bears at Senators, 7 p.m.
- Boyd Scores Four Goals as Hershey Beats Laval, 6-3