BEARS LOOK FOR THE SPLIT AT HOME SUNDAY
05/16/2009 - The BEARS look to rebound Sunday against the Providence Bruins in Game 2 of the Eastern Conference Finals. After a narrow setback in Game 1, HERSHEY looks to split the two games at GIANT Center before hitting the road for three straight games in Rhode Island. Providence picked up two first period goals on the power play Saturday night and rode the momentum to a 3-2 win in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference Finals. Jeff Penner picked up the first of the two markers, with Jordan Knackstedt tallying the other. Oskar Osala enjoyed a big night as the BEARS closed to within a goal late in the second period, but could not find the equalizer. The loss was HERSHEY'S first this playoff here at GIANT Center against six victories. Michal Neuvirth suffered the setback, his fourth of the postseason against eight wins. Elsewhere in the Calder Cup playoffs, the Manitoba Moose are halfway home in their pursuit of a trip to the 2009 Calder Cup Finals after a 5-2 win over the Houston Aeros in Game 2 of the Western Conference Finals Saturday night. The Moose scored the first five goals of the game and never looked back. The Moose have never been to the Calder Cup Finals in their franchise history. Games 3, 4 and 5 of the series will be in downtown Houston, with the Aeros trying to fight out of a two game hole. Sunday's Game 2 can be heard via the BEARS Radio Network (100.1 FM, 1490 AM, Sportsjuice.com, AHLLive.com) beginning with the pregame show at 4:40 p.m. John Walton and Ed Coffey have the call of the action from GIANT Center. Tickets for Game 2 of the Eastern Conference Finals are on sale now. Call (717) 534-3911 for ticket availability and information.
- NewBears Earn Point in 4-3 Overtime Loss to IceHogs
- NewGame Preview: IceHogs at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Win Streak to Five with 4-2 Victory at Hartford
- Game Preview: Bears at Wolf Pack, 7:15 p.m.
- Weekly Release #20: Perfect Canada Trip Has Bears Rolling
- Bears Beat Toronto 5-2 to Win Fourth Straight
- Game Preview: Bears at Marlies, 3 p.m.
- Copley Blanks Senators, 3-0
- Game Preview: Bears at Senators, 7 p.m.
- Boyd Scores Four Goals as Hershey Beats Laval, 6-3