BEARS LOOK FOR ANOTHER WIN SUNDAY IN GAME 2
05/02/2009 - After a thrilling 5-3 win in Game 1 on Saturday, the BEARS and Penguins get right back to it Sunday afternoon, playing Game 2 of the East Division Finals. Face-off is at 5:00 p.m. HERSHEY jumped out to a one game to none lead in this best-of-seven East Division Final Saturday night, defeating the Penguins 5-3 here at GIANT Center. Kyle Wilson provided the game-winning goal early in the third period, one of five different goal scorers in the contest. The BEARS never trailed in the game, HERSHEY'S fifth straight victory without defeat in the 2009 Calder Cup playoffs. Goaltender Michal Neuvirth won his fifth straight playoff start, making a postseason high 35 saves. Elsewhere in the Calder Cup playoffs, the Milwaukee Admirals evened its best-of-seven with the Houston Aeros Saturday night at the Bradley Center, winning by a score of 4-1. The series is tied at one game apiece, with the next three games of their West Division Final to take place at Toyota Center in downtown Houston. Manitoba is two wins away from advancing to the 2009 Western Conference Finals after a second straight 2-1 win in the 2009 North Division Finals. Jason Krog scored the game-winning goal for the Moose. The series now shifts to Van Andel Arena in Grand Rapids for Game 3. Following Sunday's home game, the BEARS and Penguins will head north to Wilkes-Barre Township for Games 3, 4 and 5 of the series. Game 3 is Wednesday night at 7:05, followed by Game 4 Friday evening at 7:05 p.m. Sunday's Game 2 can be heard via the BEARS Radio Network (100.1 FM, 1490 AM, Sportsjuice.com, AHLLive.com) beginning with the pregame show at 4:40 p.m. John Walton and Ed Coffey have the call of the action from GIANT Center. Call (717) 534-3911 for ticket availability and information.
- Phantoms Top Bears 5-2 in Outdoor Classic
- Outdoor Classic Game Preview: Phantoms at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Bears Defeat Flyers in Outdoor Classic Alumni Game, 9-5
- Outdoor Classic Starts with Bears/Flyers Alumni Game
- Fan's Guide to the Outdoor Classic
- Springfield Edges Hershey in Shootout, 5-4
- Game Preview: Bears at Thunderbirds, 7:05 p.m.
- Weekly Release #15: Outdoor Classic Preview
- Ray Bourque to Play in Outdoor Classic Alumni Game
- Rising Artist Runaway June to Headline Pepsi Fan Fest