BEARS TRAVEL TO WILKES-BARRE SATURDAY NIGHT
04/03/2009 - The BEARS play the third game of a four-game road trip Saturday night, taking on the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins at Wachovia Arena. Face-off is at 7:05 p.m. HERSHEY gained a standings point Friday but lost in overtime to Bridgeport at the Arena at Harbor Yard 4-3. The BEARS enter play Saturday with 102 points atop the East Division standings, with Bridgeport two back at 100. Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, who holds a game in hand on HERSHEY heading into Saturday's showdown, is in third place with 98 points. Around the East Division Saturday, the Binghamton Senators return home to face the Albany River Rats at Broome County Veterans Memorial Arena. The Senators, who just 10 days ago led the Philadelphia Phantoms by eight points, now lead Philly by just one point. The Phantoms also have a game in hand on the Senators. Face-off in Binghamton is at 7:05 p.m. John Paddock's Philadelphia squad is in Norfolk for the second straight night at 7:15 p.m. Bridgeport is the only team that has the day off on Saturday, as the Penguins and BEARS will each make up the game in hand. HERSHEY and Wilkes-Barre/Scranton alumni will play a game Saturday at Wachovia Arena at 2:00 p.m. BEARS alumni expected to play in the game include Mitch Lamoureux, Dave Parro, Mike McHugh, Dave MacIssac and Mark Freer. Saturday's game can be heard via the BEARS Radio Network (100.1 FM, 1490 AM, Sportsjuice.com, AHLLive.com) beginning with the pregame show at 6:45 p.m. John Walton has the call of the action. HERSHEY'S final two home games of the regular season are Saturday, April 11 and Sunday, April 12 as Philadelphia and Wilkes-Barre/Scranton come to town. Call the GIANT Center box office for ticket information at (717) 534-3911.
- NewContracts of Mann, Murphy Will Not Be Renewed
- A Look Back at the 80th Anniversary Season
- Donations for Humboldt Rise to Over $11,000
- Season Ends with 3-2 Loss to Penguins
- Game Preview: Penguins at Bears, 5 p.m.
- Bears Beat Sound Tigers 2-1, Raise Over $7,000 for Humboldt
- Game Preview: Sound Tigers at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Bears to Honor Humboldt Broncos Saturday
- Copley Recalled by Capitals
- Weekly Release #27: Bears Close Out Season This Week