WILKES-BARRE SCRANTON EDGES HERSHEY 1-0 SUNDAY
03/29/2009 - PENS SLIP BY BEARS 1-0 SUNDAY By: John Walton Amidst a playoff-type atmosphere Sunday at GIANT Center, the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins posted a 1-0 win over the BEARS to tighten the East Division race. Dustin Jeffrey opened the scoring Sunday for the visiting team, picking up a power play goal at 19:12 of period one. Wilkes-Barre/Scranton fired 18 first period shots to HERSHEY'S 11, and took a 1-0 lead to intermission after 20 minutes. Neither team would score the rest of the way as John Curry posted the shutout. The BEARS lead the East Division by five points with six games to play. Notes: The BEARS now embark on a four-game road trip, traveling first to Norfolk to face the Admirals Wednesday night at 7:15 p.m. HERSHEY will then head to Bridgeport Friday and Wilkes-Barre/Scranton before closing the Spectrum with the Philadelphia Phantoms on Friday, April 10. The Chocolate and White will not return to GIANT Center until Saturday April 11 when the Phantoms play its final ever regular season game. The start for Varlamov was his second straight, after he defeated Bridgeport Saturday night 7-2. Bears Radio Network Three Stars of the Game: 1. John Curry (Shutout) 2. Dustin Jeffrey (Game-winning goal) 3. Simeon Varlamov (Just one goal allowed in hard luck loss)
- Monardo, Milner Lead Rays to Kelly Cup Finals
- Familiar Faces Lead Stingrays Into Game 7 Tonight
- 2016-17 Season Wrap-up Release
- Bears Season Ends with Game 7 Loss
- Game 7 Preview: Bruins at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Bruins Top Bears 4-2 to Force Decisive Game 7
- Game 6 Preview: Bruins at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Bowey Gives Hershey 3-2 Series Lead with Game 5 Win
- Game 5 Preview: Bears at Bruins, 3:05 p.m.
- Bruins Even Series with 2-1 Win in Game 4