WILKES-BARRE SCRANTON EDGES HERSHEY 1-0 SUNDAY
03/29/2009 - PENS SLIP BY BEARS 1-0 SUNDAY By: John Walton Amidst a playoff-type atmosphere Sunday at GIANT Center, the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins posted a 1-0 win over the BEARS to tighten the East Division race. Dustin Jeffrey opened the scoring Sunday for the visiting team, picking up a power play goal at 19:12 of period one. Wilkes-Barre/Scranton fired 18 first period shots to HERSHEY'S 11, and took a 1-0 lead to intermission after 20 minutes. Neither team would score the rest of the way as John Curry posted the shutout. The BEARS lead the East Division by five points with six games to play. Notes: The BEARS now embark on a four-game road trip, traveling first to Norfolk to face the Admirals Wednesday night at 7:15 p.m. HERSHEY will then head to Bridgeport Friday and Wilkes-Barre/Scranton before closing the Spectrum with the Philadelphia Phantoms on Friday, April 10. The Chocolate and White will not return to GIANT Center until Saturday April 11 when the Phantoms play its final ever regular season game. The start for Varlamov was his second straight, after he defeated Bridgeport Saturday night 7-2. Bears Radio Network Three Stars of the Game: 1. John Curry (Shutout) 2. Dustin Jeffrey (Game-winning goal) 3. Simeon Varlamov (Just one goal allowed in hard luck loss)
- NewPhantoms Top Bears 5-2 in Outdoor Classic
- Outdoor Classic Game Preview: Phantoms at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Bears Defeat Flyers in Outdoor Classic Alumni Game, 9-5
- Outdoor Classic Starts with Bears/Flyers Alumni Game
- Fan's Guide to the Outdoor Classic
- Springfield Edges Hershey in Shootout, 5-4
- Game Preview: Bears at Thunderbirds, 7:05 p.m.
- Weekly Release #15: Outdoor Classic Preview
- Ray Bourque to Play in Outdoor Classic Alumni Game
- Rising Artist Runaway June to Headline Pepsi Fan Fest