GIROUX ASSIGNED TO HERSHEY
03/13/2009 - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – March 13, 2009 Capitals Assign Alexandre Giroux to Hershey ARLINGTON, Va. – The Washington Capitals have assigned the American Hockey League's (AHL) leading goal scorer, forward Alexandre Giroux, back to the Hershey Bears, vice president and general manager George McPhee announced today. Giroux, 27, stands 6'3", 205 pounds and played his 12th game of the season with Washington last night in Philadelphia. He has 46 goals and 76 points (second in the AHL) in 54 games with the Bears. He recently set an AHL record with a goal in 15 consecutive games, breaking Brett Hull's mark. Mixed in with his record-setting run, Giroux recorded at least a point in 23 straight AHL games, as he tallied 27 goals and 17 assists from Nov. 15 to Jan. 30. Giroux was named the AHL Player of the Month for January after scoring 18 goals and nine assists in 15 games.
- Weekly Release #2: Bears Head to the Midwest
- Hershey's Don Biggs Named to 2018 AHL Hall of Fame Class
- Bears Rally Late, Fall 4-3 to Phantoms in Shootout
- Game Preview: Phantoms at Bears, 5 p.m.
- Senators Spoil Hershey's Home Opener with 5-2 Win
- Home Opener Preview: Senators at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Bowey Recalled by Capitals
- Bears Weekly Release #1: 2017-18 Season Is Here
- Bears Fall to Phantoms in Season Opener, 7-2
- Game Preview: Bears at Phantoms, 7:05 p.m.