GIROUX ASSIGNED TO HERSHEY
03/13/2009 - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – March 13, 2009 Capitals Assign Alexandre Giroux to Hershey ARLINGTON, Va. – The Washington Capitals have assigned the American Hockey League's (AHL) leading goal scorer, forward Alexandre Giroux, back to the Hershey Bears, vice president and general manager George McPhee announced today. Giroux, 27, stands 6'3", 205 pounds and played his 12th game of the season with Washington last night in Philadelphia. He has 46 goals and 76 points (second in the AHL) in 54 games with the Bears. He recently set an AHL record with a goal in 15 consecutive games, breaking Brett Hull's mark. Mixed in with his record-setting run, Giroux recorded at least a point in 23 straight AHL games, as he tallied 27 goals and 17 assists from Nov. 15 to Jan. 30. Giroux was named the AHL Player of the Month for January after scoring 18 goals and nine assists in 15 games.
- NewCapitals Recall Forward Paul Carey
- Bears Beat Senators 3-1, Win 10th Straight at Home
- Game Preview: Senators at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Hershey Bears Weekly Release #22
- Jonas Siegenthaler Re-Assigned to Hershey
- Carey Named CCM/AHL Player of Week
- Bears Stun Sound Tigers with 3-1 Win
- Game Preview: Hershey at Bridgeport, 3 p.m.
- Carey's Four Goals Give Bears 6-4 Win
- Game Preview: Hartford at Hershey, 7 p.m.