BEARS HOPE CLEVELAND ROCKS SUNDAY
03/07/2009 - HERSHEY concludes a brief two-game road trip Sunday, taking on the Lake Erie Monsters at Quicken Loans Arena in downtown Cleveland. Face-off Sunday is at 5:00 p.m. The BEARS put on an impressive offensive display Saturday afternoon in Toronto, scoring six times in the last two periods to defeat the Marlies 6-1 at Ricoh Coliseum. Alexandre Giroux was named the game's number one star, scoring his 44th and 45th goals of the season. Graham Mink and Keith Aucoin scored single goals as well, and Francois Bouchard struck for two goals score in the second period. Goaltender Simeon Varlamov, making his first appearance since January 14, earned his 17th victory in 22 decisions. Lake Erie visited GIANT Center on December 21 this season, with HERSHEY taking a 3-2 shootout decision. The Monsters defeated the Rochester Americans 6-2 on Saturday, peppering the Amerks with 43 shots. Former BEARS forward Matt Hendricks was named the game's number one star Saturday for Lake Erie, scoring two goals. The BEARS maintain first place in the East Division entering play Sunday. Following the game in Cleveland, HERSHEY will have just 16 games remaining in the 2008-09 regular season. Sunday's game can be heard via the BEARS Radio Network (100.1 FM, 1490 AM, Sportsjuice.com, AHLLive.com) beginning with the pregame show at 4:40 p.m. John Walton has the call of the action. HERSHEY returns home Wednesday night to face the Springfield Falcons at 7:00 p.m. Tickets are still available by calling or visiting the GIANT Center box office at (717) 534-3911.
- NewCapitals Re-Assign Vrana to Hershey
- NewBears Fall to Sound Tigers 5-1 Sunday
- NewGame Preview: Bears at Sound Tigers, 3 p.m.
- NewVanecek Blanks Bruins, 4-0
- Galiev's Two Goals Not Enough in 4-3 Loss to Bruins
- Sanford and Vrana Recalled by Washington
- Bears Recall Kelly Zajac from South Carolina
- Capitals Acquire Defenseman Tom Gilbert
- Hershey Bears Weekly Release #17
- Cannata Re-Assigned to South Carolina