BEARS IN TORONTO SATURDAY TO FACE MARLIES
03/06/2009 - HERSHEY heads north of the border on Saturday, facing the Toronto Marlies at Ricoh Coliseum. Face-off Saturday is at 4:00 p.m. The BEARS begin play this weekend as the first place team in the East Division standings, with Wilkes-Barre/Scranton and Bridgeport both within single digits of the penthouse suite in the East race. Entering play Saturday in southern Ontario, HERSHEY has 18 regular season games remaining. Goaltender Simeon Varlamov returns Saturday to make his first start since mid-January. The BEARS this week released goaltender Kris Mayotte from his professional tryout contract. HERSHEY also added some reinforcements on the blueline in time for weekend action. Washington assigned defenseman Staffan Kronwall this week as well as Brian Pothier on a conditioning assignment. Both are on the trip and available Saturday. Pothier has been sidelined due to injury since early January, and will wear number four. Kronwall, who played earlier this season for the Marlies, will wear number 28. Toronto enters play Saturday as the fourth place team in the AHL's North Division race, trailing the Manitoba Moose, Grand Rapids Griffins and Hamilton Bulldogs. Saturday's game can be heard via the BEARS Radio Network (100.1 FM, 1490 AM, Sportsjuice.com, AHLLive.com) beginning with the pregame show at 3:40 p.m. John Walton has the call of the action. HERSHEY returns home Wednesday night to face the Springfield Falcons at 7:00 p.m. Tickets are still available by calling or visiting the GIANT Center box office at (717) 534-3911.
- NewGame Preview: Hershey at Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, 7:05 p.m.
- Bears Sign Steve Weinstein to PTO
- Penguins Score Late, Beat Bears 5-3 Wednesday
- Hershey Bears Weekly Release #13
- Stephenson Re-Assigned to Hershey
- Senators Score Twice in Third to Top Bears, 4-2
- Bears End Skid, Top Phantoms 6-4
- Stephenson Recalled to Washington
- Bears Fall to Phantoms 6-2 Friday
- Hershey Bears Partner With Epic Web Studios for New Mobile App