CAPITALS ASSIGN POTHIER AND KRONWALL TO HERSHEY
03/04/2009 - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – March 4, 2009 Capitals Assign Staffan Kronwall, Brian Pothier to Hershey Pothier to Hershey on a conditioning stint ARLINGTON, Va. – The Washington Capitals have assigned defenseman Staffan Kronwall to the American Hockey League's (AHL) Hershey Bears, vice president and general manager George McPhee announced today. The Capitals have also assigned defenseman Brian Pothier to Hershey on a conditioning stint. Kronwall, 26, has played in three games for the Capitals this season. He was claimed on waivers from the Toronto Maple Leafs on Feb. 6. Kronwall played in 42 games for the Toronto Marlies of the American Hockey League (AHL) before arriving in Washington, where he had seven goals and 18 assists for 25 points. The 6'4", 210-pound Jarfalla, Sweden, native was selected by Toronto in the ninth round, 285th overall, in the 2002 NHL Entry Draft. Pothier, 31, is a third-year Capital who suffered a concussion Jan. 3, 2008, at Boston and missed the remainder of the season and all of this season. A veteran of seven NHL seasons, he has compiled 100 points (20 goals, 80 assists) in 292 career games. In his only full season with the Capitals, 2006-07, he led all club defensemen in points (28) and assists (25) and led the team in ice time (23:59 per game) while appearing in 72 games. A 6'0", 200-pound native of New Bedford, Mass., Pothier has appeared in 184 career AHL games, recording 114 points (25 goals, 89 assists). His last AHL appearance came during 2004-05, where he spent the entire season with the Binghamton Senators, recording 48 points (12 goals, 36 assists) in 77 games. Pothier was undrafted and signed with the Atlanta Thrashers during the 2000-01 season. He signed as a free agent with the Capitals July 1, 2006.
- NewTickets to 2018 Capital Blue Cross Outdoor Classic On Sale Now!
- Pepsi Fan Fest, Alumni Game Added to Outdoor Classic Festivities
- Alex Westlund Named Associate Goaltending Coach
- Capital Blue Cross Named Title Sponsor for 2018 Outdoor Classic
- Season Ticket Holders "Month of Winning" in July
- Broadcaster Blog: Summer So Far
- Hershey Signs Defenseman Paul Geiger to AHL Contract
- Bears Announce 2017 Preseason Schedule
- Bears Re-Sign Defender Hubert Labrie
- Bears Release 2017-18 Schedule