CAPITALS ASSIGN POTHIER AND KRONWALL TO HERSHEY
03/04/2009 - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – March 4, 2009 Capitals Assign Staffan Kronwall, Brian Pothier to Hershey Pothier to Hershey on a conditioning stint ARLINGTON, Va. – The Washington Capitals have assigned defenseman Staffan Kronwall to the American Hockey League's (AHL) Hershey Bears, vice president and general manager George McPhee announced today. The Capitals have also assigned defenseman Brian Pothier to Hershey on a conditioning stint. Kronwall, 26, has played in three games for the Capitals this season. He was claimed on waivers from the Toronto Maple Leafs on Feb. 6. Kronwall played in 42 games for the Toronto Marlies of the American Hockey League (AHL) before arriving in Washington, where he had seven goals and 18 assists for 25 points. The 6'4", 210-pound Jarfalla, Sweden, native was selected by Toronto in the ninth round, 285th overall, in the 2002 NHL Entry Draft. Pothier, 31, is a third-year Capital who suffered a concussion Jan. 3, 2008, at Boston and missed the remainder of the season and all of this season. A veteran of seven NHL seasons, he has compiled 100 points (20 goals, 80 assists) in 292 career games. In his only full season with the Capitals, 2006-07, he led all club defensemen in points (28) and assists (25) and led the team in ice time (23:59 per game) while appearing in 72 games. A 6'0", 200-pound native of New Bedford, Mass., Pothier has appeared in 184 career AHL games, recording 114 points (25 goals, 89 assists). His last AHL appearance came during 2004-05, where he spent the entire season with the Binghamton Senators, recording 48 points (12 goals, 36 assists) in 77 games. Pothier was undrafted and signed with the Atlanta Thrashers during the 2000-01 season. He signed as a free agent with the Capitals July 1, 2006.
- NewGame Preview: Teddy Bear Toss-Crunch at Bears, 5 p.m.
- NewBears Rally Late, Fall 3-2 in OT to Phantoms
- Thomas Sparks Bears to 4-3 Win over Phantoms
- Leach Returns To South Carolina
- 4th Annual Hockey + Heels Event Announced For January
- Zach Sanford Joins Bears as Carey, Vrana head to Washington
- Hershey Bears Weekly Release #7
- Mann Earns 100th Win as Bears Top Springfield, 4-3
- Bears Score 5-2 Win at Springfield
- Vanecek, Bears Blank Penguins 4-0 Wednesday