BEARS IN ROCHESTER FRIDAY TO FACE AMERICANS
02/20/2009 - The BEARS return to action Friday in New York for the second time in seven days, taking on the Rochester Americans at Blue Cross Arena. Face-off is 7:35 p.m. The game is one of five in the month of February in New York State for the Chocolate and White. HERSHEY enters play Friday following a 3-2 regulation win over the Syracuse Crunch Monday at the Onondaga County War Memorial. Andrew Gordon scored the game-winning goal in the third period as the BEARS snapped a four-game losing streak. The four-game skid represents HERSHEY'S longest losing streak of 2008-09. Rochester, who lost to the BEARS 8-3 on October 26 at GIANT Center, has posted the fewest number of wins (20) in the American Hockey League's Western Conference. Only Springfield (17) has fewer wins this season than the Americans. The Amerks are 18 points out of a playoff spot with 24 games remaining in 2008-09. Around the East Division Friday, the Philadelphia Phantoms host the Portland Pirates at 7:05 p.m. in south Philly. The Phantoms begin play this weekend six points behind the Binghamton Senators for fourth place in the East Division race with 25 games remaining. The Senators are in Norfolk Friday to face the Admirals at Norfolk Scope. Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, HERSHEY'S closest pursuer in the East Division race, is in Syracuse Friday to play the Crunch. Albany and Bridgeport were scheduled to face each other Friday night at Times Union Center, but the game was postponed yesterday due to the crash involving Albany's team bus early Thursday morning in Massachusetts. Friday's game can be heard via the BEARS Radio Network (100.1 FM, 1490 AM, Sportsjuice.com, AHLLive.com) beginning with the pregame show at 7:15 p.m. John Walton has the call of the action from western New York. Tickets are still available for Saturday's home game with Philadelphia by calling or visiting the GIANT Center box office at (717) 534-3911.
- Tickets to 2018 Capital Blue Cross Outdoor Classic On Sale Now!
- Pepsi Fan Fest, Alumni Game Added to Outdoor Classic Festivities
- Alex Westlund Named Associate Goaltending Coach
- Capital Blue Cross Named Title Sponsor for 2018 Outdoor Classic
- Season Ticket Holders "Month of Winning" in July
- Broadcaster Blog: Summer So Far
- Hershey Signs Defenseman Paul Geiger to AHL Contract
- Bears Announce 2017 Preseason Schedule
- Bears Re-Sign Defender Hubert Labrie
- Bears Release 2017-18 Schedule