ALZNER RECALLED TO WASHINGTON
02/06/2009 - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – February 6, 2009 Capitals Recall Karl Alzner from Hershey ARLINGTON, Va. – The Washington Capitals have recalled defensemen Karl Alzner from the Hershey Bears of the American Hockey League (AHL), vice president and general manager George McPhee announced today. Alzner, 20, has played in 27 NHL games this season, recording one goal, three assists and a +3 rating. He recorded his first NHL point Dec. 4 in a 5-2 victory over the New York Islanders and recorded his first NHL goal the next game in a 2-1 victory at Toronto on Dec. 6. The 6'2", 206-pound Burnaby, British Columbia, native is third among NHL rookies in ice time (19:46 per game). Alzner, Washington's first-round draft choice (fifth overall) in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, has played in 24 games this season with Hershey, recording two goals, eight assists and a +16 rating, which is tied for 10th in the AHL.
- NewGame Preview: Bears at Penguins, 3:05 p.m.
- NewBears Earn Point in 4-3 Overtime Loss to IceHogs
- Game Preview: IceHogs at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Win Streak to Five with 4-2 Victory at Hartford
- Game Preview: Bears at Wolf Pack, 7:15 p.m.
- Weekly Release #20: Perfect Canada Trip Has Bears Rolling
- Bears Beat Toronto 5-2 to Win Fourth Straight
- Game Preview: Bears at Marlies, 3 p.m.
- Copley Blanks Senators, 3-0
- Game Preview: Bears at Senators, 7 p.m.