ALZNER RECALLED TO WASHINGTON
02/06/2009 - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – February 6, 2009 Capitals Recall Karl Alzner from Hershey ARLINGTON, Va. – The Washington Capitals have recalled defensemen Karl Alzner from the Hershey Bears of the American Hockey League (AHL), vice president and general manager George McPhee announced today. Alzner, 20, has played in 27 NHL games this season, recording one goal, three assists and a +3 rating. He recorded his first NHL point Dec. 4 in a 5-2 victory over the New York Islanders and recorded his first NHL goal the next game in a 2-1 victory at Toronto on Dec. 6. The 6'2", 206-pound Burnaby, British Columbia, native is third among NHL rookies in ice time (19:46 per game). Alzner, Washington's first-round draft choice (fifth overall) in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, has played in 24 games this season with Hershey, recording two goals, eight assists and a +16 rating, which is tied for 10th in the AHL.
- NewCapitals Recall Graovac
- Bears Fall 2-1 to Springfield Wednesday Night
- Game Preview: Thunderbirds at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Weekly Release #7: Bears Thankful for Winning Weeks
- Hughes Recalled, Geiger Returns to Stingrays
- O'Brien Scores in 4-1 Loss at Providence
- Game Preview: Bears at Bruins, 1:05 p.m.
- Bears Win Again, Top Bruins 4-1 in Providence
- Hockey in Heels Heads Outdoors!
- Game Preview: Bears at Bruins, 7:05 p.m.