BEARS AND ADMIRALS MEET WEDNESDAY NIGHT
01/21/2009 - The BEARS are in Norfolk, Virginia Wednesday night to begin a three-game week that will take the Chocolate and White up to the All-Star Break. Face-off with the Admirals Wednesday night is slated for 7:15 p.m. HERSHEY collected its 30th win of the season Sunday, and simultaneously increased its lead in the East Division standings to eight points over second place Bridgeport with a 3-2 shootout win over the Worcester Sharks. Alexandre Giroux made AHL history in the game, scoring a goal in his 15th consecutive game. Giroux will look to extend the record Wednesday night in Norfolk. Goaltender Daren Machesney, who backed up Jose Theodore the last two games for Washington, has been assigned back to HERSHEY and is expected to be available Wednesday night. Around the East Division Wednesday, Bridgeport is in Albany to take on the River Rats at Times Union Center. Face-off is at 7:00 p.m. Manchester travels to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Friday to play the Penguins at 7:05, and Philadelphia is in Binghamton to play the Senators Wednesday night. Wednesday's game can be heard via the BEARS Radio Network (100.1 FM, 1490 AM, Sportsjuice.com, AHLLive.com) beginning with the pregame show at 6:55 p.m. John Walton has the call of the action from Norfolk Scope. HERSHEY returns home this Friday and Saturday to face Wilkes-Barre/Scranton and Manchester. Tickets are still available for both games by calling or visiting the GIANT Center box office at (717) 534-3911.
- Contracts of Mann, Murphy Will Not Be Renewed
- A Look Back at the 80th Anniversary Season
- Donations for Humboldt Rise to Over $11,000
- Season Ends with 3-2 Loss to Penguins
- Game Preview: Penguins at Bears, 5 p.m.
- Bears Beat Sound Tigers 2-1, Raise Over $7,000 for Humboldt
- Game Preview: Sound Tigers at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Bears to Honor Humboldt Broncos Saturday
- Copley Recalled by Capitals
- Weekly Release #27: Bears Close Out Season This Week