BEARS CONCLUDE FIVE-GAME TRIP WEDNESDAY
01/07/2009 - The first place BEARS conclude a five-game road trip Wednesday night with a game in Norfolk against the Admirals. Face-off at Norfolk Scope is at 7:15 p.m. HERSHEY enters Wednesday night's game with the top record, win total and points percentage in the AHL, which on Sunday earned Bob Woods and Mark French the right to coach the Canadian AHL All-Star team in Worcester at the AHL All-Star Classic. Bryan Helmer will be the captain of the Canadian squad, and it was learned on Tuesday that Alexandre Giroux will be in the starting lineup for the Canadians. Looking for four road wins in its last five games before returning home Friday night, the BEARS travel to Norfolk, a place that HERSHEY has not played at since the opening week of the season back in October. The Admirals enter play Wednesday 20 standings points behind the Chocolate and White, with 14 wins in 37 games this season. Around the East Division Wednesday, Bridgeport will host the Houston Aeros at the Arena at Harbor Yard. The Sound Tigers begin play Wednesday five points back of the first place BEARS in the East Division race. Syracuse is at Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Wednesday while the rest of the division has the night off. Wednesday's game can be heard via the BEARS Radio Network (100.1 FM, 1490 AM, Sportsjuice.com, AHLLive.com) beginning with the pregame show at 6:55 p.m. John Walton has the call of the action from Norfolk Scope. HERSHEY'S next home game is coming up on Friday, January 9 against Houston at GIANT Center. Tickets are on sale now at the GIANT Center box office, or by calling (717) 534-3911.
- NewGame Preview: Hershey at Hartford, 7:15 p.m.
- Capitals Recall Barber and Ness from Hershey
- Boyd Re-Assigned to Hershey
- Hershey Bears Weekly Release #18
- Boyd Recalled to Capitals, Cannata Returns to Hershey
- Capitals Re-Assign Vrana to Hershey
- Bears Fall to Sound Tigers 5-1 Sunday
- Game Preview: Bears at Sound Tigers, 3 p.m.
- Vanecek Blanks Bruins, 4-0
- Galiev's Two Goals Not Enough in 4-3 Loss to Bruins