BOURQUE ASSIGNED TO HERSHEY
01/02/2009 - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – January 2, 2009 Capitals Assign Chris Bourque to Hershey ARLINGTON, Va. – The Washington Capitals have assigned forward Chris Bourque to the Hershey Bears of the American Hockey League (AHL), vice president and general manager George McPhee announced today. Bourque, 22, has played in six NHL games this season and recorded his first NHL goal in a 4-2 victory at Buffalo on Dec. 30. The 5'10", 177-pound Boston, Mass., native, has played in 10 career NHL games for the Capitals. The Capitals' second-round choice, 33rd overall, in the 2004 NHL Entry Draft, has skated in 27 games for Hershey this year. He has eight goals, a +8 rating and is tied for second on the team with 20 assists. Bourque's last appearance for the Bears was on Dec. 28, and he tallied a goal and an assist as Hershey beat Albany, 5-3. Bourque had 28 goals and 35 assists (63 points) in 73 games with Hershey last season. He is in his fourth year with Hershey and was a member of the 2005-06 team that won the Calder Cup under Capitals coach Bruce Boudreau.
- NewCapitals Re-Assign Vrana to Hershey
- NewBears Fall to Sound Tigers 5-1 Sunday
- NewGame Preview: Bears at Sound Tigers, 3 p.m.
- NewVanecek Blanks Bruins, 4-0
- Galiev's Two Goals Not Enough in 4-3 Loss to Bruins
- Sanford and Vrana Recalled by Washington
- Bears Recall Kelly Zajac from South Carolina
- Capitals Acquire Defenseman Tom Gilbert
- Hershey Bears Weekly Release #17
- Cannata Re-Assigned to South Carolina