BEARS BACK TO ACTION SATURDAY AT HOME VS. LOWELL
12/20/2008 - Following an longer than expected layoff, the BEARS are finally back to action Saturday night, facing the Lowell Devils at GIANT Center at 7:00 p.m. The game marks the only visit this season by the top affiliate of the New Jersey Devils. HERSHEY has not played since last Saturday night in Houston against the Aeros, although the club was scheduled to play last night in Wilkes-Barre against the Penguins. Heavy snow in northeast PA forced the postponement of the game, with the Penguins rescheduling the contest for Sunday, January 11. The BEARS have played just two games since December 7 entering play Saturday against Lowell. With the NHL roster freeze now in effect until after the Christmas holiday, the BEARS know that forward Alexander Giroux will not return this weekend. Giroux is currently on recall to the Washington Capitals. The Caps assigned goaltender Simeon Varlamov to HERSHEY on Friday. Varlamov was recalled last Friday to Washington, where he went 2-0-0 in two starts for Bruce Boudreau. He defeated Montreal last Saturday night at the Bell Centre in Quebec, and also beat St. Louis Thursday night at Verizon Center. Around the East Division Saturday, the Binghamton Senators are in Bridgeport to face the Sound Tigers at the Arena at Harbor Yard at 7:00 p.m., while the Norfolk Admirals are in Philadelphia to play the Phantoms at the Spectrum. Albany is in Wilkes-Barre to play the Penguins at Wachovia Arena at 7:05 p.m. Tickets for Saturday's game are available at the GIANT Center box office, or by calling (717) 534-3911. Saturday's game can also be heard via the BEARS Radio Network (100.1 FM, 1490 AM, Sportsjuice.com, AHLLive.com) beginning with the pregame show at 6:40 p.m. John Walton has the call of the action.
- Phantoms Top Bears 5-2 in Outdoor Classic
- Outdoor Classic Game Preview: Phantoms at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Bears Defeat Flyers in Outdoor Classic Alumni Game, 9-5
- Outdoor Classic Starts with Bears/Flyers Alumni Game
- Fan's Guide to the Outdoor Classic
- Springfield Edges Hershey in Shootout, 5-4
- Game Preview: Bears at Thunderbirds, 7:05 p.m.
- Weekly Release #15: Outdoor Classic Preview
- Ray Bourque to Play in Outdoor Classic Alumni Game
- Rising Artist Runaway June to Headline Pepsi Fan Fest