GIROUX RECALLED TO WASHINGTON SUNDAY
12/07/2008 - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – December 7, 2008 Capitals Recall Alexandre Giroux from Hershey ARLINGTON, Va. – The Washington Capitals have recalled the American Hockey League's (AHL) leading goal scorer, forward Alexandre Giroux from the Hershey Bears, vice president and general manager George McPhee announced today. Giroux, 27, stands 6'3", 205 pounds. He has played 10 career NHL games, but none since the 2006-07 season when he suited up for nine games with Washington. He has four NHL points (2g-2a) on his resume, all of which have come while wearing a Capitals sweater. Giroux made his NHL debut during the 2005-06 season with the New York Rangers, but played only one game. He leads the AHL in goals (18) and is second in points (30) behind fellow Hershey teammate Keith Aucoin (36), who was called up by the Capitals on Dec. 4. Giroux scored a goal last night in Hershey's 4-2 win against Hartford and has at least one point in 17 of his 25 games this year. He is currently on a nine-game point streak, in which he has nine goals and eight assists. The Quebec City, Quebec, native was Ottawa's seventh-round draft choice, 213th overall, in the 1999 NHL Entry Draft. Giroux, No. 33 with Washington, rejoined the Capitals organization on Feb. 26, 2008 in a trade that sent Joe Motzko to Atlanta. He was an integral member of the Hershey Bears club that advanced to the 2007 Calder Cup finals and was led by current Capitals coach Bruce Boudreau. He paced Hershey in points (70) and goals (42) that year and also tallied 11 points in 19 playoff games.
- NewWeekly Release #16: Bears Look Ahead after Outdoor Classic
- Phantoms Top Bears 5-2 in Outdoor Classic
- Outdoor Classic Game Preview: Phantoms at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Bears Defeat Flyers in Outdoor Classic Alumni Game, 9-5
- Outdoor Classic Starts with Bears/Flyers Alumni Game
- Fan's Guide to the Outdoor Classic
- Springfield Edges Hershey in Shootout, 5-4
- Game Preview: Bears at Thunderbirds, 7:05 p.m.
- Weekly Release #15: Outdoor Classic Preview
- Ray Bourque to Play in Outdoor Classic Alumni Game