BEARS HOST HARTFORD SATURDAY AT GIANT CENTER
12/06/2008 - The BEARS play the first half of an all-home weekend Saturday night as the Hartford Wolf Pack come to town. Face-off at GIANT Center is at 7:00 p.m. The game marks Hartford's only appearance in HERSHEY in 2008-09. HERSHEY brings the top win total in the American Hockey League to the table Saturday night as well as a nine-game winning streak, while Hartford comes to central PA after being dealt a 6-3 loss in Philadelphia against the Phantoms. The BEARS found out Saturday that yet another defenseman has been recalled to Washington. Sean Collins was recalled to the Capitals Saturday morning. He'll join current Caps blueliners Tyler Sloan, Sami Lepisto, Bryan Helmer and Karl Alzner in D.C. All five players started the year in HERSHEY and are all now in the NHL. The official injury list in Washington is as follows: Brian Pothier – Out indefinitely, Jeff Schultz – Out three to five weeks, Chris Clark – Out at least two weeks, Sergei Fedorov – Day-to-day, Alexander Semin – Day-to-day, Mike Green – Day-to-day, John Erskine – Day-to-day, Tom Poti – Day-to-day. Around the East Division Saturday, the Norfolk Admirals continue their week long road trip with a date in Bridgeport against the Sound Tigers at 7:00 p.m. Binghamton skates in Philadelphia at 7:05, while Albany travels to Wilkes-Barre Township to face the Penguins at 7:05 p.m. All seven East Division clubs are in action Saturday. Saturday's game can be heard via the BEARS Radio Network (100.1 FM, 1490 AM, Sportsjuice.com, AHLLive.com) beginning with the pregame show at 6:40 p.m. John Walton has the call of the action from GIANT Center. Tickets remain for Saturday's game at the GIANT Center box office, or by calling (717) 534-3911.
- NewContracts of Mann, Murphy Will Not Be Renewed
- A Look Back at the 80th Anniversary Season
- Donations for Humboldt Rise to Over $11,000
- Season Ends with 3-2 Loss to Penguins
- Game Preview: Penguins at Bears, 5 p.m.
- Bears Beat Sound Tigers 2-1, Raise Over $7,000 for Humboldt
- Game Preview: Sound Tigers at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Bears to Honor Humboldt Broncos Saturday
- Copley Recalled by Capitals
- Weekly Release #27: Bears Close Out Season This Week