SEAN COLLINS POISED TO MAKE NHL DEBUT SATURDAY
12/06/2008 - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – December 6, 2008 Capitals Recall Sean Collins from Hershey ARLINGTON, Va. – The Washington Capitals have recalled defenseman Sean Collins from the Hershey Bears of the American Hockey League (AHL), vice president and general manager George McPhee announced today. Collins, 25, signed with the Capitals as a free agent on March 17, 2007. He has played 13 games with Hershey this year and has four assists. Collins split last year between Hershey and the South Carolina Stingrays of the ECHL. He staked in 12 games for Hershey and in 31 for South Carolina, totaling 14 points (1g-13a) in the ECHL. Collins led Stingray defensemen with nine points (1g-8a) in 20 playoff games, as the team advanced to the Kelly Cup semifinals. The Troy, Mich., native played at Ohio State for four years from 2003-07 and served as the Buckeyes' captain during his senior year. He totaled 87 points (28g-59a) in 157 college games. Collins will wear No. 62 for Washington and is available to play tonight in Toronto.
- NewHershey Bears Weekly Release #18
- Boyd Recalled to Capitals, Cannata Returns to Hershey
- Capitals Re-Assign Vrana to Hershey
- Bears Fall to Sound Tigers 5-1 Sunday
- Game Preview: Bears at Sound Tigers, 3 p.m.
- Vanecek Blanks Bruins, 4-0
- Galiev's Two Goals Not Enough in 4-3 Loss to Bruins
- Sanford and Vrana Recalled by Washington
- Bears Recall Kelly Zajac from South Carolina
- Capitals Acquire Defenseman Tom Gilbert