SEAN COLLINS POISED TO MAKE NHL DEBUT SATURDAY
12/06/2008 - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – December 6, 2008 Capitals Recall Sean Collins from Hershey ARLINGTON, Va. – The Washington Capitals have recalled defenseman Sean Collins from the Hershey Bears of the American Hockey League (AHL), vice president and general manager George McPhee announced today. Collins, 25, signed with the Capitals as a free agent on March 17, 2007. He has played 13 games with Hershey this year and has four assists. Collins split last year between Hershey and the South Carolina Stingrays of the ECHL. He staked in 12 games for Hershey and in 31 for South Carolina, totaling 14 points (1g-13a) in the ECHL. Collins led Stingray defensemen with nine points (1g-8a) in 20 playoff games, as the team advanced to the Kelly Cup semifinals. The Troy, Mich., native played at Ohio State for four years from 2003-07 and served as the Buckeyes' captain during his senior year. He totaled 87 points (28g-59a) in 157 college games. Collins will wear No. 62 for Washington and is available to play tonight in Toronto.
- NewBears Earn Point in 4-3 Overtime Loss to IceHogs
- NewGame Preview: IceHogs at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Win Streak to Five with 4-2 Victory at Hartford
- Game Preview: Bears at Wolf Pack, 7:15 p.m.
- Weekly Release #20: Perfect Canada Trip Has Bears Rolling
- Bears Beat Toronto 5-2 to Win Fourth Straight
- Game Preview: Bears at Marlies, 3 p.m.
- Copley Blanks Senators, 3-0
- Game Preview: Bears at Senators, 7 p.m.
- Boyd Scores Four Goals as Hershey Beats Laval, 6-3