BEARS READY FOR BINGHAMTON SUNDAY AT HOME
11/16/2008 - The BEARS look to complete a perfect weekend Sunday as the weary Binghamton Senators come to down. Face-off at GIANT Center is at 5:00 p.m. Three games in as many nights is usually a barometer for a busy week. HERSHEY concludes such a stretch Sunday. But the Binghamton Senators have sympathetic feelings for the Chocolate and White Sunday, as the team from up I-81 wraps up an amazing five games in six nights. More amazing than that, the Senators played their first two games of the week in Halifax, Nova Scotia and St. John's, Newfoundland. The games were part of a neutral site series with the Bridgeport Sound Tigers. After a home game with the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins Friday and a game in Wilkes-Barre Township Saturday, the Senators roll into town a tired and decimated club. Ryan Shannon and Ilya Zubov are currently on recall to Ottawa, with Brendan Bell recalled Sunday morning to the NHL club. HERSHEY meanwhile enjoyed a 7-3 win over the Philadelphia Phantoms Sunday to improve to 11-5-0-1 on the season. Oskar Osala scored his first hat trick as a professional, scoring three times to pace the offense. Goaltender Simeon Varlamov won his second start in as many nights, and his fifth and seven decisions. Daren Machesney is expected to draw the start Sunday for the BEARS. Around the East Division Sunday, the Norfolk Admirals conclude a busy New England weekend with a game at Providence. Face-off is at 4:05 p.m. Wilkes-Barre/Scranton is the only other team in action Sunday within the division. The Penguins host the Syracuse Crunch at 5:05 p.m. at Wachovia Arena. Tickets remain for Sunday's game at the GIANT Center box office, or by calling (717) 534-3911. The game can also be heard via the BEARS Radio Network (100.1 FM, 1490-AM, Sportsjuice.com, AHLLive.com) beginning with the pregame show at 4:40 p.m. John Walton has the call of the action.
- NewWeekly Release #16: Bears Look Ahead after Outdoor Classic
- Phantoms Top Bears 5-2 in Outdoor Classic
- Outdoor Classic Game Preview: Phantoms at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Bears Defeat Flyers in Outdoor Classic Alumni Game, 9-5
- Outdoor Classic Starts with Bears/Flyers Alumni Game
- Fan's Guide to the Outdoor Classic
- Springfield Edges Hershey in Shootout, 5-4
- Game Preview: Bears at Thunderbirds, 7:05 p.m.
- Weekly Release #15: Outdoor Classic Preview
- Ray Bourque to Play in Outdoor Classic Alumni Game