HOME AT LAST: BEARS FACE PHANTOMS SATURDAY NIGHT
11/15/2008 - After a five-game road trip, the BEARS return home tonight to face the Philadelphia Phantoms at GIANT Center. Face-off is at 7:00 p.m. The game begins a stretch of four home games in the next five for the Chocolate and White. Friday night saw HERSHEY conclude its road swing on a winning note, defeating the Phantoms at the Wachovia Spectrum 3-2. Chris Bourque was named the game's number one star, scoring the game-winning goal and assisting on Graham Mink's seventh tally of the season. Goaltender Simeon Varlamov won his fourth game of the season as the BEARS moved within three points of the first place Bridgeport Sound Tigers in the East Division. The night on ice Saturday in the East Division features the second game of a home-and-home set between the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins and the Binghamton Senators. The teams meet in Wilkes-Barre Township tonight after the Sens dispatched the Penguins 4-2 at Broome County Veterans Memorial Arena. Albany remains on the road to face the Lowell Devils at Paul Tsongas Arena Saturday, while Norfolk remains in Manchester for the second game of a two-game series with the Monarchs. Binghamton starts the night just three points back of HERSHEY in third place with 18 points, Philadelphia is in fourth place with 16 and Wilkes-Barre/Scranton has 15 as play starts Saturday. Tickets for Saturday's game are on sale at the GIANT Center box office, or by calling (717) 534-3911. The game can also be heard via the BEARS Radio Network (100.1 FM, 1490 AM, Sportsjuice.com, AHLLive.com) beginning with the pregame show at 6:40 p.m. John Walton has the call of the action. HERSHEY will conclude a busy East Division weekend Sunday, welcoming the Binghamton Senators to town at 5:00 p.m.
- Bears Can't Overcome Penguins in 6-4 Loss
- Game Preview: Hershey at Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, 3:05 p.m.
- Walker Leads Bears to 4-2 Win on St. Patrick's Day
- Game Preview: Thunderbirds at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Bears Earn 3-2 Comeback Win Over Sound Tigers
- Game Preview: Sound Tigers at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Bindulis Joins Bears from South Carolina
- Capitals Re-Assign Bowey to Bears
- Weekly Release #23: Banged-Up Bears Search For Offense
- Bears Fall 3-0 for Second Straight Night