TIGERS MOVE INTO FIRST WITH 4-1 WIN SUNDAY
11/09/2008 - TIGER TOWN: BRIDGEPORT MOVES INTO FIRST WITH 4-1 WIN By: John Walton The BEARS were stymied Sunday by the Bridgeport Sound Tigers, falling at the Arena at Harbor Yard 4-1. Jesse Joensuu started the scoring for Bridgeport just 1:56 into the game, taking a pass from behind the net. The puck kicked off Joensuu into the back of the goal to give the Sound Tigers a 1-0 lead. Karl Alzner tied the game late in the first on what turned out to be the only goal of the night for the BEARS. Alzner scored on a right point shot in traffic at 18:32 of the first to tie the game. Bridgeport would score the final three goals of the game to win, starting with Joensuu's second of the night at 8:24 of the second. Kurtis McLean added single goals in the second and third period to round out the scoring. Rookie Nathan Lawson earned his second AHL win in his first AHL start, making 19 saves. Simeon Varlamov suffered the setback, his second of the season. Notes: The finale of the five-game road trip is this Friday when the BEARS head to Philadelphia to face the Phantoms at 7:05 p.m. HERSHEY will host the Phantoms and the Binghamton Senators next weekend at GIANT Center. Tickets for the game are available at the GIANT Center box office, or by calling (717) 534-3911. With the win Sunday, the Sound Tigers took over sole possession of first place in the East Division standings. Bears Radio Network Three Stars of the Game 1. Kurtis McLean (Former Penguin scores twice for Bridgeport) 2. Jesse Joensuu (Two goals, including the first of the game) 3. Nathan Lawson (Rookie earns win in first AHL start)
- NewContracts of Mann, Murphy Will Not Be Renewed
- A Look Back at the 80th Anniversary Season
- Donations for Humboldt Rise to Over $11,000
- Season Ends with 3-2 Loss to Penguins
- Game Preview: Penguins at Bears, 5 p.m.
- Bears Beat Sound Tigers 2-1, Raise Over $7,000 for Humboldt
- Game Preview: Sound Tigers at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Bears to Honor Humboldt Broncos Saturday
- Copley Recalled by Capitals
- Weekly Release #27: Bears Close Out Season This Week