BEARS HEAD TO WILKES-BARRE TOWNSHIP SATURDAY
11/07/2008 - The BEARS continue a five-game road trip Saturday night in Wilkes-Barre Township with a date against the Penguins. Face-off at Wachovia Arena is at 7:05 p.m. HERSHEY enters play Saturday in first place in the East Division standings after a 3-0 shutout win Friday over the Albany River Rats. The BEARS got single goals from Andrew Gordon, Oskar Osala and Francois Bouchard as goaltender Simeon Varlamov posted his first pro shutout. With 19 points, the Chocolate and White lead both the East Division and the AHL in total points. The Penguins are led in scoring by forward Chris Minard, who leads the AHL in goals and points. Minard scored two goals, his 12th and 13th in a 4-0 win over the Lowell Devils. Wilkes-Barre/Scranton starts the night in fourth place in the East, six points behind the front running BEARS. All seven East Division clubs are in action Saturday night, including Albany hosting the Providence Bruins at Times Union Center at 7:00 p.m. Bridgeport is home to face Lowell at 7:00 p.m., while Philadelphia is at Portland. Binghamton is at home to face the Worcester Sharks, and Norfolk is home to face Rockford at 7:15 p.m. Saturday's game can be heard on the BEARS Radio Network (100.1 FM, 1490 AM, Sportsjuice.com, AHLLive.com) beginning at 6:45 p.m. John Walton has the call of the action from Wachovia Arena. HERSHEY returns home next Saturday to face the Philadelphia Phantoms at GIANT Center at 7:00 p.m. Tickets for the game are available at the GIANT Center box office, or by calling (717) 534-3911.
- NewCapitals Recall Graovac
- Bears Fall 2-1 to Springfield Wednesday Night
- Game Preview: Thunderbirds at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Weekly Release #7: Bears Thankful for Winning Weeks
- Hughes Recalled, Geiger Returns to Stingrays
- O'Brien Scores in 4-1 Loss at Providence
- Game Preview: Bears at Bruins, 1:05 p.m.
- Bears Win Again, Top Bruins 4-1 in Providence
- Hockey in Heels Heads Outdoors!
- Game Preview: Bears at Bruins, 7:05 p.m.