BEARS HEAD TO WILKES-BARRE TOWNSHIP SATURDAY
11/07/2008 - The BEARS continue a five-game road trip Saturday night in Wilkes-Barre Township with a date against the Penguins. Face-off at Wachovia Arena is at 7:05 p.m. HERSHEY enters play Saturday in first place in the East Division standings after a 3-0 shutout win Friday over the Albany River Rats. The BEARS got single goals from Andrew Gordon, Oskar Osala and Francois Bouchard as goaltender Simeon Varlamov posted his first pro shutout. With 19 points, the Chocolate and White lead both the East Division and the AHL in total points. The Penguins are led in scoring by forward Chris Minard, who leads the AHL in goals and points. Minard scored two goals, his 12th and 13th in a 4-0 win over the Lowell Devils. Wilkes-Barre/Scranton starts the night in fourth place in the East, six points behind the front running BEARS. All seven East Division clubs are in action Saturday night, including Albany hosting the Providence Bruins at Times Union Center at 7:00 p.m. Bridgeport is home to face Lowell at 7:00 p.m., while Philadelphia is at Portland. Binghamton is at home to face the Worcester Sharks, and Norfolk is home to face Rockford at 7:15 p.m. Saturday's game can be heard on the BEARS Radio Network (100.1 FM, 1490 AM, Sportsjuice.com, AHLLive.com) beginning at 6:45 p.m. John Walton has the call of the action from Wachovia Arena. HERSHEY returns home next Saturday to face the Philadelphia Phantoms at GIANT Center at 7:00 p.m. Tickets for the game are available at the GIANT Center box office, or by calling (717) 534-3911.
- Schedule for Opening Week of Training Camp
- Bears Sign Five to Professional Tryout Agreements
- Bears Re-Sign Forward Dylan Margonari
- Broadcast Blog: The Countdown is On
- Filepas Named Assistant Equipment Manager
- Bears Announce 2017-18 Promo Schedule
- Preseason Tickets On Sale Now!
- Statement on the Passing of Kenneth V. Hatt
- Bears Sign Defender Tommy Hughes
- Outdoor Classic Tickets On Sale Now!