BEARS LOOK TO COMPLETE PERFECT ROAD TRIP FRIDAY
10/17/2008 - The first place HERSHEY BEARS look to win the club's fourth game in a row Friday night, traveling to Philadelphia to take on the Phantoms. Face-off at the Wachovia Spectrum is at 7:05 p.m. It's the first meeting of 12 between the two teams in 2008-09, the final season that the Phantoms will call the Spectrum home. Philadelphia is 1-1-0-0 through two games this season, defeating Bridgeport at home and losing at Wilkes-Barre/Scranton. HERSHEY has swept through three road games with victory at Wilkes-Barre and a pair of wins in Norfolk. HERSHEY'S offense has been the story heading into the second weekend of the regular season. Keith Aucoin leads the AHL in scoring with seven points as play starts Friday, while Graham Mink is tied for the AHL lead in goals with four. Aucoin was recognized by the league this week for his efforts, as he was named the season's first Reebok AHL Player of the Week. The BEARS lead the circuit with 17 goals for. It's a big night of East Division action Friday, beginning with with 2-0-0-0 Binghamton Senators at home against the Syracuse Crunch at 7:05 p.m. Bridgeport is on the road Friday in northeast PA to take on the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins at 7:05 p.m. while Albany hosts Worcester at the Glens Falls Civic Center at 7:30 p.m. Norfolk is in Cleveland Friday to play the Lake Erie Monsters at 7:30 p.m. Friday's game can be heard live from the Spectrum via the BEARS Radio Network (100.1 FM, 1490 AM, Sportsjuice.com) beginning at 6:45 p.m. John Walton has the call of the game from Philadelphia. The BEARS will play the team's 71st home opener in franchise history Saturday night at 7:00 p.m. against Syracuse. Face-off is at 7:00 p.m. Tickets remain for the game at the GIANT Center box office, or by calling (717) 534-3911.
- NewBears Can't Overcome Penguins in 6-4 Loss
- NewGame Preview: Hershey at Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, 3:05 p.m.
- Walker Leads Bears to 4-2 Win on St. Patrick's Day
- Game Preview: Thunderbirds at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Bears Earn 3-2 Comeback Win Over Sound Tigers
- Game Preview: Sound Tigers at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Bindulis Joins Bears from South Carolina
- Capitals Re-Assign Bowey to Bears
- Weekly Release #23: Banged-Up Bears Search For Offense
- Bears Fall 3-0 for Second Straight Night