BOURQUE, LAING AND ALZNER ASSIGNED TO HERSHEY
10/06/2008 - The Washington Capitals Monday assigned Chris Bourque, Quintin Laing and Karl Alzner to HERSHEY. Bourque has skated the last three seasons with the BEARS, and made his NHL debut with Washington in 2007-08. Laing first came to HERSHEY in 2006-07, and was called up early in 2007-08 to Washington, where he remained for the bulk of the campaign. Laing must first clear waivers before he can play for the BEARS. Alzner is in his first year as a professional, and was drafted by the Capitals in the first round, fifth overall in the 2007 NHL entry draft. The BEARS open the 2008-09 regular season Wednesday in Wilkes-Barre/Scranton against the Penguins. Face-off is at 7:05 p.m., with the pregame show on radio (WQIC 100.1 FM, WLPA 1490 AM and www.sportsjuice.com) beginning at 6:45 p.m. HERSHEY'S home opener is Saturday, October 18 against the Syracuse Crunch at GIANT Center. Tickets are on sale now at the GIANT Center box office, or by calling (717) 534-3911.
- NewA Look Back at the 80th Anniversary Season
- Donations for Humboldt Rise to Over $11,000
- Season Ends with 3-2 Loss to Penguins
- Game Preview: Penguins at Bears, 5 p.m.
- Bears Beat Sound Tigers 2-1, Raise Over $7,000 for Humboldt
- Game Preview: Sound Tigers at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Bears to Honor Humboldt Broncos Saturday
- Copley Recalled by Capitals
- Weekly Release #27: Bears Close Out Season This Week
- Tim McGauley Re-Assigned to Stingrays