BEARS SIGN TOM MAXWELL AND DARREN REID
08/28/2008 - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: August 28, 2008 CONTACT: John Walton – HERSHEY BEARS – (717) 682-6470 BEARS ADD RIGHT WINGS DARREN REID AND TOM MAXWELL FOR 2008-09 SEASON REID COMES TO CHOCOLATETOWN AFTER STINTS WITH PHILADELPHIA FLYERS AND TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING, MAXWELL RETURNS AFTER INJURY SHORTENED SEASON HERSHEY – The HERSHEY BEARS announced today that right wings Darren Reid and Tom Maxwell have been signed to contracts for the 2008-09 season. The announcement was made today by BEARS President/GM Doug Yingst. Reid, 25, comes to the organization after playing for the Philadelphia Phantoms last season. The Lac La Biche, Alberta native scored 24 goals in 84 games over the last two seasons with the Phantoms, and played in the NHL with the Flyers most recently in 2006-07. Reid brings 21 games of NHL experience to HERSHEY, having also played briefly with the Tampa Bay Lightning. He was drafted by the Lightning in the eighth round of the 2002 NHL Entry Draft. Maxwell, 22, played in just 18 pro games in 2007-08 between HERSHEY and South Carolina (ECHL) due to injury. In nine games with the BEARS last season, Maxwell managed to pile up 44 minutes in penalties, and accumulated another 28 minutes with the Stingrays. The Spokane, Washington native first signed with HERSHEY last summer after stockpiling 213 PIMS with Phoenix (ECHL) in 2006-07. The BEARS will open the 2007-08 regular season on Wednesday October 8 at Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, with face-off on opening night slated for 7:05 p.m. HERSHEY'S 71st team opener will be Saturday, October 18 at GIANT Center against the Syracuse Crunch. Call (717) 508-BEAR for group and season sales information.
- NewGame Preview: Bears at Penguins, 3:05 p.m.
- NewBears Earn Point in 4-3 Overtime Loss to IceHogs
- Game Preview: IceHogs at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Win Streak to Five with 4-2 Victory at Hartford
- Game Preview: Bears at Wolf Pack, 7:15 p.m.
- Weekly Release #20: Perfect Canada Trip Has Bears Rolling
- Bears Beat Toronto 5-2 to Win Fourth Straight
- Game Preview: Bears at Marlies, 3 p.m.
- Copley Blanks Senators, 3-0
- Game Preview: Bears at Senators, 7 p.m.