HERSHEY BEARS 2013/14 WEEKLY SWEEPSTAKES
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts Company (“HE&R”) presents the Hershey Bears 2014 Weekly Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”). HE&R reserves the right to cancel the Sweepstakes without notice for any reason and to modify or extend the Sweepstakes Period, as determined in its sole discretion.
1. PRIZE. One (1) Grand Prize winner will receive four (4) tickets to the Bears pre-season game vs the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins on Sunday, October 5. The approximate retail value of the Grand Prize is $48.00. The prize is not redeemable for cash. Any interpretation of the prize shall be made in HE&R’s sole discretion. The prize is not transferable. No prize substitutions, exchanges or cash equivalents will be permitted by the prize winner, except that the HE&R reserves the right to substitute a prize of comparable or greater value if deemed necessary by HE&R in its sole discretion.
2. HOW TO ENTER. Sweepstakes begins at 12:01 AM on Wednesday, August 27 and ends at 11:59 PM on Wednesday, August 27 (“Sweepstakes Period). Individuals 18 years of age will be entered in the Sweepstakes by visiting the Hershey Bears website at www.hersheybears.com and following the instructions to complete the official entry form.
One entry per person per week. Once submitted the registration materials will become the exclusive property of HE&R and will not be returned. By participating in the Sweepstakes, all participants agree to be bound by these Official Sweepstakes Rules and the decisions of HE&R, which are final, and waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Official Sweepstakes Rules. Participants who fail to comply with any of the Official Rules of the Sweepstakes may be disqualified from the Sweepstakes at the sole discretion of HE&R. In the event of any dispute, all email entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the email account from which they were sent.
3. ELIGIBILITY. The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the United States of America who are age 18 or older, except employees of HE&R, their parent companies, subsidiaries or any advertising agencies or promotional suppliers participating in this Sweepstakes, including but not limited to, and the immediate families or household members of each are not eligible to participate in this Sweepstakes. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
4. ODDS OF WINNING. The odds of winning the prize depend solely on the total number of eligible entries received by HE&R during the Sweepstakes Period.
5. SELECTION OF WINNER. One (1) Grand Prize winner will be chosen on Thursday, August 27 from a random drawing of all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. After the prize winner is chosen, alternate(s) will be selected on an as-needed basis in the event that any winner is ineligible, declines the prize or cannot be located. The winner will be notified by telephone and/or email after the drawing. The prize is subject to verification. The prize winner will be required to sign and return a Winners Affidavit of Eligibility and Release at the time of the award of the prize, or the prize will be forfeited.
6. PUBLICITY RELEASE/GRANT OF USE. By entering into this Sweepstakes, participants hereby grant HE&R and their employees, officers, directors, agents, representatives, assigns, and affiliates, and their sponsors and their representatives, including any publishers or advertising media the right to use, copyright, advertise publicly or put to any other purpose, a participant’s image, likeness, photograph, and statement(s), recorded or live voice, and the name and address of a participant (hereinafter referred to as the “GRANT OF USE”), received by HE&R in connection with the Sweepstakes, and each participant hereby release HE&R from any liability with respect thereto. Permission is granted by participants for any use, now or in the future, in connection with the Sweepstakes and/or the marketing of HE&R. This GRANT OF USE is binding on participants and their parents/legal guardians’ heirs, assigns, executors, administrators and representatives.
7. GENERAL LIABILITY RELEASE. Participants agree that HE&R and their representatives, affiliates, owner, directors, officers, employees and assigns of each (the “Released Parties”) (a) shall not be responsible or liable for any losses, damages or injuries of any kind resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes or in any Sweepstakes-related activity, including, but not limited to, travel, or the award, acceptance, receipt, possession, use or misuse of the prize, and (b) have not made any warranty, representation or guarantee express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to the prize, including, without limitation, to any prizes quality or fitness for a particular purpose.
8. DISPUTES. Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes agree under no circumstances will participants be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys' fees, other than participants actual out-of-pocket expenses (e.g., costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes), and participants further waive all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
9. GOVERNING LAW. Except where prohibited by law, this Sweepstakes shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Participants hereto consent and agree that all legal proceedings relating to the subject matter of this Sweepstakes shall be maintained in the Court of Common Pleas of Dauphin County, Pennsylvania or, if applicable, the United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania (Harrisburg division), and participants consent and agree that jurisdiction and venue for such proceedings shall lie exclusively with such courts.
10. TAXES. The prize winners are responsible for compliance with all applicable rules, laws and regulations, including, but not limited to, payment of applicable federal, state and local income taxes.
11. WINNERS LIST/RULES REQUEST. For the name of the prize winner and/or to obtain a copy of the Official Rules please send self-addressed, postage-paid envelope to: “August 27 Bears Sweeps”, c/o Event Marketing, 27 W Chocolate Ave., Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033 by August 28, 2014.
12. SPONSOR. Hershey Entertainment & Resorts Company, 27 W. Chocolate Avenue, Hershey, PA 17033