Capitals Ink Defender Paul LaDue to One-Year, One-Way Deal
October 10, 2020The Washington Capitals have signed defenseman Paul LaDue to a one-year, $700,000 contract, senior vice president and general manager Brian MacLellan announced today.
LaDue, 28, recorded an assist in two games with the Los Angeles Kings last season. Additionally, the 6'2", 200-pound defenseman registered 27 points (9g, 18a) in 48 games with the Ontario Reign of the American Hockey League (AHL).
The Grand Forks, N.D., native recorded five points (2g, 3a) in 33 games with the Kings in the 2018-19 season. LaDue led all team defensemen with at least 15 games played in shot attempt percentage at five-on-five (402 shot attempts for, 393 against) and ranked second in hits per 60 minutes of play (7.01).
LaDue attended the University of North Dakota, winning an NCAA Championship during the 2015-16 season.
Originally selected by Los Angeles in the sixth round, 181st overall, in the 2012 NHL Draft, LaDue has 18 points (5g, 13a) in 69 career NHL games.
- Statements from the AHL and Hershey Bears on 2020-21 Season
- 2019-20 Season Cancelled: Frequently Asked Questions
- 2020 Offseason Player Tracker
- Shane Gersich Re-signs with Washington
- Capitals Sign Former AHL MVP Daniel Carr to Contract
- Capitals Ink Defender Paul LaDue to One-Year, One-Way Deal
- Capitals Sign Defenseman Cameron Schilling
- Busy Week in NHL Set to Help Shape Bears Roster
- Capitals Re-sign Lucas Johansen
- Nardella Loaned to SHL for 2020-21 Season