Capitals Sign Forward Philippe Maillet to Two-Year Deal
July 1, 2019The Washington Capitals announced today that the club has signed forward Philippe Maillet to a two-year, two-way contract. The announcement was made by Washington's senior vice president and general manager Brian MacLellan.
Maillet, 26, posted 54 points (16 goals, 38 assists) in 68 games with the AHL's Ontario Reign last season. He led the Reign in assists, and finished second on the team in points. He posted 15 multi-point games, and scored two hat-tricks last season for Ontario. The Lachenaie, Quebec native also collected five power play goals for the Reign, and skated in four playoff games, scoring two goals.
The 5-foot-9, 185-pound forward has skated in 140 career professional games, all with Ontario, scoring 94 points (36 goals, 58 assists). Prior to turning professional, he played four years at the University of New Brunswick, winning back-to-back University Cups. He scored 55 points (23 goals, 32 assists) in just 30 games in his final season in 2016-17. That year he led the entire USports in points, earned the Senator Joseph A. Sullivan Trophy as USports Player of the Year and was named the University Cup Most Valuable Player in a championship season.
Maillet also played 252 career QMJHL games with Victoriaville, scoring 240 points (92 goals, 148 assists).
- Bears Comeback Falls Short in 4-3 Loss to Toronto
- Game Preview: Bears at Marlies, 7 PM
- Weekly Release #2: Bears Head to Canada
- Boyd Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week
- Bears Blowout Penguins for First Home Win
- Game Preview: Bears vs. Penguins, 5 PM
- Boyd Lifts Bears Past Phantoms for First Win
- Game Preview: Bears at Phantoms, 7:05 PM
- Weekly Release #1: New Season Underway
- Bindulis, Weis Assigned to South Carolina