Bears Sign Snively to Amateur Tryout Agreement
March 20, 2019The Hershey Bears announced today that the club has signed forward Joe Snively to an amateur tryout agreement.
Snively, 23, joins Hershey after signing a two-year, entry-level contract that starts in 2019-20 with the Washington Capitals. The 5-foot-9, 180-pound forward posted 36 points (15 goals, 21 assists) in 33 games this season at Yale University. He collected a career-best five power play goals, and was named a Hobey Baker Award nominee. He was also selected to the ECAC All-League First-Team.
Snively led Yale in points in all four years of his collegiate career, collecting 139 points (58 goals, 81 assists) in 129 career NCAA games. Additional accomplishments in his NCAA career included being named to the NCAA All-Ivy League First Team and the NCAA (New England) All-Stars in 2017-18. During his freshman year in 2015-16, Snively was selected as NCAA Ivy-League Rookie of the Year, named to the ECAC All-Rookie Team and was a NCAA All-Ivy League Team honorable mention.
The native of Herndon, Virginia has joined Hershey and will wear #15.
- Bears Release 2019-20 Regular Season Schedule
- Bears Add Defender Tariq Hammond on AHL Deal
- Summer Mailbag: Replacing the Big Names, Captains, and More!
- Capital Re-sign Colby Williams to One-Year Deal
- Erik Burgdoerfer Returns to Bears on AHL Contract
- Tommy Hughes Rejoins Bears on AHL Deal
- Free Agency Tracker 2019
- Bears Home Opener Set for Oct. 5 vs. Baby Pens
- Mike King Hired as Video Coach for the Ottawa Senators
- Bears Sign Forward Kale Kessy to AHL Deal