Leach Signs AHL Deal, Returns to Stingrays
March 14, 2019The Hershey Bears announced today that the club has signed defenseman Joey Leach to an American Hockey League contract for the remainder of the 2018-19 season. Leach has been assigned to Hershey's ECHL affiliate, the South Carolina Stingrays.
Leach, 27, has skated in 17 games with Hershey this season, registering one assist, six penalty minutes, and a +1 rating. The defender is set to return to action after suffering an upper-body injury on Feb. 2 versus Lehigh Valley. He joined Hershey on a professional tryout agreement on Dec. 18 after skating on an AHL deal with the Bears during parts of the 2015-16 and 2016-17 seasons.
The 6-foot-4, 205-pound Saskatchewan native returns to South Carolina where he serves as team captain. With the Stingrays this season, Leach collected 20 points (two goals and 18 assists) and 53 penalty minutes.
The Bears return to action tomorrow as they host Toronto at the Giant Center at 7 p.m. It's Fairview Golf Course Bears Logo Chip Night for the first 3,000 fans. It's also Scout Night, and Dietz & Watson Dollar Dog Night. Ticket information is available at HersheyBears.com.
- Bears Announce 2019 Preseason Schedule
- Summer Mailbag: Moulson Signing, Goaltending, New Faces and More!
- Forward Cole Ully Joins Bears on AHL Deal
- Bears Release 2019-20 Promo Schedule
- Free Agency Tracker 2019
- Season Ticket Holders Month of Winning
- Bears Sign Defender Ed Wittchow to AHL Contract
- Bears Sign Matthew Weis to AHL Contract
- Bears Sign Penn State Product Casey Bailey to PTO
- Bears Sign Forward Matt Moulson to AHL Deal