Leach Signs AHL Deal, Returns to Stingrays
March 14, 2019The Hershey Bears announced today that the club has signed defenseman Joey Leach to an American Hockey League contract for the remainder of the 2018-19 season. Leach has been assigned to Hershey's ECHL affiliate, the South Carolina Stingrays.
Leach, 27, has skated in 17 games with Hershey this season, registering one assist, six penalty minutes, and a +1 rating. The defender is set to return to action after suffering an upper-body injury on Feb. 2 versus Lehigh Valley. He joined Hershey on a professional tryout agreement on Dec. 18 after skating on an AHL deal with the Bears during parts of the 2015-16 and 2016-17 seasons.
The 6-foot-4, 205-pound Saskatchewan native returns to South Carolina where he serves as team captain. With the Stingrays this season, Leach collected 20 points (two goals and 18 assists) and 53 penalty minutes.
The Bears return to action tomorrow as they host Toronto at the Giant Center at 7 p.m. It's Fairview Golf Course Bears Logo Chip Night for the first 3,000 fans. It's also Scout Night, and Dietz & Watson Dollar Dog Night. Ticket information is available at HersheyBears.com.
- Bears Fight to 2-1 Win Over Checkers
- Bears, Capitals Announce Multiple Transactions
- Hockey Fights Cancer Game Preview: Checkers at Bears, 7 p.m.
- Bears Recall Parker Milner from Stingrays
- Capitals Recall Lewington
- Bears Host Hockey Fights Cancer Night Saturday
- Game Preview: Bears vs. Checkers, 7 PM
- Copley Earns Shutout in Shootout Loss
- Game Preview: Bears at Penguins, 7:05 PM
- Weekly Release #6: Bears Prepare for Baby Pens and Defending Champs