Mason Mitchell Re-assigned to South Carolina
March 11, 2019The Hershey Bears announced today that forward Mason Mitchell has been re-assigned to the club's ECHL affiliate, the South Carolina Stingrays.
Mitchell, 24, has skated in 11 games with Hershey this season, collecting one assist and eight penalty minutes. He has not seen game action since Dec. 30, and in total, has skated in 40 games with Hershey over the past two seasons, scoring six points (one goal, five assists), and adding 43 penalty minutes. Mitchell is a strong contributor to the Hershey community was named Hershey's IOA/American Specialty AHL Man of the Year for the 2017-18 campaign.
The winger joined South Carolina late last season and posted six points (four goals, two assists) in six games with the Stingrays. He also added a pair of goals in four playoff contests for the Rays, finishing tied as the team's leading scorer in the postseason.
The Bears return to action on Wednesday evening at the Giant Center as they host the Springfield Thunderbirds at 7 p.m. It's Hersheypark Pass Night, as all fans receive a one-day admission to Hersheypark valid through July 31, 2019. Ticket information is available at HersheyBears.com.
- Bears Announce 2019 Preseason Schedule
- Summer Mailbag: Moulson Signing, Goaltending, New Faces and More!
- Forward Cole Ully Joins Bears on AHL Deal
- Bears Release 2019-20 Promo Schedule
- Free Agency Tracker 2019
- Season Ticket Holders Month of Winning
- Bears Sign Defender Ed Wittchow to AHL Contract
- Bears Sign Matthew Weis to AHL Contract
- Bears Sign Penn State Product Casey Bailey to PTO
- Bears Sign Forward Matt Moulson to AHL Deal