Bears Sign Defender Linhart to Tryout Agreement
November 30, 2018The Hershey Bears announced today that the club has signed defenseman Jake Linhart to a professional tryout agreement.
Linhart, 22, joins Hershey after opening the season with the ECHL's Adirondack Thunder. The 5-foot-11, 185-pound defender appeared in 19 games with Adirondack, scoring 11 points (two goals, nine assists). The rookie registered his first professional goal in Adirondack's 4-3 win at Brampton on Oct. 21.
The native of Brookfield, Wisconsin played four seasons at the University of Wisconsin prior to turning pro. With the Badgers, Linhart collected 60 points (15 goals, 45 assists) in 142 career NCAA games. He was named to the Big 10 Second All-Star team in 2016-17 and served as an alternate captain for Wisconsin in 2017-18.
Linhart will join the team for practice today and will wear #32.
The Bears return to action with a pair of games at the Giant Center this weekend. On Saturday, Hershey hosts Hall of Fame Night versus Springfield at 7 p.m. Sunday is the CommunityAid & WGAL Teddy Bear Toss at 5 p.m. versus Binghamton. Tickets are available at HersheyBears.com.
- Bears Announce 2019 Preseason Schedule
- Summer Mailbag: Moulson Signing, Goaltending, New Faces and More!
- Forward Cole Ully Joins Bears on AHL Deal
- Bears Release 2019-20 Promo Schedule
- Free Agency Tracker 2019
- Season Ticket Holders Month of Winning
- Bears Sign Defender Ed Wittchow to AHL Contract
- Bears Sign Matthew Weis to AHL Contract
- Bears Sign Penn State Product Casey Bailey to PTO
- Bears Sign Forward Matt Moulson to AHL Deal