Forward Jayson Megna Re-assigned to Hershey
October 14, 2018The Washington Capitals announced today that the club has re-assigned forward Jayson Megna to the Hershey Bears. The announcement was made by Washington senior vice president and general manager Brian MacLellan. Megna is expected to join the Bears for today's contest in Rockford.
Megna, 28, scored 13 points (four goals, nine assists) in an injury-shortened season with the Utica Comets in 2017-18. He also appeared in one game with the NHL's Vancouver Canucks.
The 6-foot-1, 194-pound forward has vast AHL experience. He played three years with Wilkes-Barre/Scranton from 2012-2015, collecting a team-best 26 goals during the 2014-15 season. He followed that season up with a career-high 44 points (15 goals, 29 assists) as an alternate captain with the Hartford Wolf Pack in 68 games in 2015-16. He has posted 126 points (60 goals, 66 assists) in 241 career AHL games.
The veteran forward hails from Fort Lauderdale, Florida, and has played in 113 career NHL games. Megna spent the majority of the 2016-17 season with Vancouver, and has accumulated 20 points (10 goals, 10 assists) in his NHL career with Pittsburgh, the New York Rangers, and the Canucks. He did not appear in a game for the Capitals prior to his re-assignment.
- Capitals Name Brooks Orpik to Player Development Department
- Bears Add Allen and Elenberger to Coaching Staff
- Bears Single Game Tickets Now on Sale
- Bears Announce 2019 Preseason Schedule
- Summer Mailbag: Moulson Signing, Goaltending, New Faces and More!
- Forward Cole Ully Joins Bears on AHL Deal
- Bears Release 2019-20 Promo Schedule
- Free Agency Tracker 2019
- Season Ticket Holders Month of Winning
- Bears Sign Defender Ed Wittchow to AHL Contract