Tim McGauley Re-Assigned to Stingrays
April 10, 2018The Hershey Bears announced today that forward Tim McGauley has been reassigned to the club's ECHL affiliate, the South Carolina Stingrays. The move was announced by Hershey's Vice President of Hockey Operations, Bryan Helmer.
McGauley, 22, had three assists in 14 games with Hershey. He returns to the Stingrays to join the club for the 2018 Kelly Cup Playoffs. South Carolina opens the postseason this Thursday vs. Orlando.
With the Stingrays this year, McGauley collected 36 points (13 goals, 23 assists) and a plus/minus of +9 in 48 games. He posted 11 multi-point games with South Carolina.
The 6-foot, 188-pound center has scored 53 points (17 goals, 36 assists) in 87 career games with the Stingrays. McGauley signed a three-year, entry-level contract with the Washington Capitals on Oct. 5, 2015 after participating in the team’s rookie tournament and 2015 training camp as an undrafted invitee.
The Bears return to the ice on Saturday as they host Bridgeport for Fan Appreciation Night at 7 p.m. Tickets are available at HersheyBears.com.
- Capitals Name Brooks Orpik to Player Development Department
- Bears Add Allen and Elenberger to Coaching Staff
- Bears Single Game Tickets Now on Sale
- Bears Announce 2019 Preseason Schedule
- Summer Mailbag: Moulson Signing, Goaltending, New Faces and More!
- Forward Cole Ully Joins Bears on AHL Deal
- Bears Release 2019-20 Promo Schedule
- Free Agency Tracker 2019
- Season Ticket Holders Month of Winning
- Bears Sign Defender Ed Wittchow to AHL Contract